cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top down view of motorhome

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
An observation. Drove a 2021 Entegra Reatta diesel from San Diego to Tucson a few days ago and found it had that top down 360 degree view of the rig feature. I've heard of it on cars but never experienced it. Was surprised to see it in a motorhome. I don't know how it works but it seems a nice feature when parking, backing, etc.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE
4 REPLIES 4

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put in separate screens for each camera 5 years ago. It doesn't quite give a top down view but functionally is very close.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most Class A rigs already have multiple cameras (ours has 4) making parking, driving, and changing lanes a breeze. A top down image would be nice, although it is not something I would fret about not having or plan to invest in the near future.

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
There was a system available called "Owl Eye 360" that provided this capability, but last I heard their software had a lot of issues with creating a decent image and I think they went belly-up.
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
That feature uses a number of wide-angle cameras placed around the perimeter of the rig and combines them into one image on the screen for the driver.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015