Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New Canada Border regs.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> New Canada Border regs.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/21 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read all this info with a keen interest. This and other threads on the same topic. I have a good reason:

I am trying to learn for myself just what is and what is not allowed. I am trying to get accurate info for my brother, who just sold his house in Cabo and will need to drive his pickup and cargo trailer home to Canada, where he owns a home in BC.

Now I don't want to hijack this or any other thread on the topic, but do any of you know if it is even possible to drive from the Baja through the US to cross into Canada. The projected time would likely be in March. The planned entry is through Tijuana, and to drive up the Oregon coast through Washington state and into BC.

I feel concerned that he may run into issues here, needing to isolate in the US perhaps, if he can even cross.
Obviously, he will do his homework first and contact the necessary agencies, get his paperwork in order etc.

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS - 32'

RV Rebuild Website
Site is live, finally launched Aug 22, 2021 @ 6:53 PM

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/21 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found an interesting article of interest to all of us regarding international travel:

International travel info

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/21 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobsYourUncle,

Thanks--it doesn't sound too positive.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/21 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would obtain a covid-19 test that states in official documents that state that I am not contagious or a carrier in writing, so that at the border and subsequent areas I can demonstrate that I do not need to quarantine and have to stay put in one place, so that I am allowed to traverse the USA, once in Canada they might ask you to stay at home but what the heck you are now home!

navegator

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/21 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think in the next 30 days we will see some changes that will make border crossing more difficult. I also think that Americans should not be able to drive through Canada to Alaska. If we cannot drive through the USA to Canada then the same rules should be applied to Americans.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/21 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/with-florida-beckoning-canadian-snowbirds-chopper-off-to-buffalo-to-cross-the-border/article_2475b94c-3bce-11eb-82a0-bf3ecd066259.html
Above is another article on Canadians getting into the USA. Although the Ontario people are headed to Florida I did read of one BC couple that had their mh shipped to the USA and they continued to Mexico.

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/21 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The U.S. and Canada should clamp down on Mexico for allowing people to cross into the country. It serves no purpose to close two borders and open another. People just aren't getting it.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/21 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fleeing Lockdown, Americans Are Flocking to Mexico City

But while coming to this country may be a relief for many foreigners, particularly those fleeing colder weather, some Mexicans find the move irresponsible amid a pandemic, especially as the virus overwhelms Mexico City and its hospitals. Others say the problem lies with Mexican authorities, who waited too long to enact strict lockdown measures, making places like Mexico City enticing to outsiders.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/21 05:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mexico has not enforced border closures due to pressure from the tourism industry.

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/21 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In my opinion, when/if the US closes the border to Canadians returning home from Mexico via the US, they will close the border to Alaskans returning home from the US via Canada.

Fortunately, neither one of those things seem to have occurred.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> New Canada Border regs.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.