cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Securing black water tank

Freeway_Flyer_0
Explorer
Explorer
My daughter has a 2007 Arctic Fox she bought recently. The corner of the black water tank flange is cracked. Would like to know best way to make sure tank is secure. We haven't taken off all the covering yet.
2007 Dodge QC 4x4 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD
2014 Stealth BP TH
2017 Harley Ultra Limited
8 REPLIES 8

Freeway_Flyer_0
Explorer
Explorer
Correct, should have added a pic, but the trailer isn't close to me, and it is hard to get under with all this rain. Working in her area this coming week so will grab a pic
2007 Dodge QC 4x4 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD
2014 Stealth BP TH
2017 Harley Ultra Limited

I had a black tank falling out once due to a rotten floor and the strap bolts wouldn't hold anymore.

I got a piece of 1 1/2" angle iron to go under the end of the tank, then fashioned some brackets to hold it to the frame rails.
This will take the pressure off the cracked flange.
Easy fix, it worked until I sold the TT.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
As JBarca says not enough info. Lots of guesses on how to fix what is not clearly known.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
spoon059 wrote:
A nice thick gauge metal strapping with a couple of self tapping screws to secure the strapping to the frame rails. That's the way most travel trailers are done at least.

Ditto. You can find strapping material with the joist hangers and other hardware @ HD and Lowes. Get something at least an inch wide. They have holes drilled in them too.

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
Freeway Flyer 05 wrote:
My daughter has a 2007 Arctic Fox she bought recently. The corner of the black water tank flange is cracked. Would like to know best way to make sure tank is secure. We haven't taken off all the covering yet.

Hi,

Need a little more info on which "flange" is cracked. Is this the flange:

-Molded in the sides of the tank holding the tank to the camper frame which may be under a bottom cover?
-The flange on the dump valve pipe outside the bottom cover near where you hook up the dump hose?
- The flange where the sewer pipe connects to the actual tank?

Or other area?

If you can post a picture, it can greatly help us see what you have and you will get better answers as to how to possibly fix it.

If the crack is in the tank, the pipes or a fitting attached to the tank/piping, most of these systems are made from black ABS plastic. And that type of plastic can be solvent welded with a few different methods to repair most any crack. I have done this before on ABS plastic and the results were a permanent repair and not a lot of cost. But this all starts with, what the crack looks like and where is it?

Hope this helps

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
A nice thick gauge metal strapping with a couple of self tapping screws to secure the strapping to the frame rails. That's the way most travel trailers are done at least.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest calling Arctic Fox and ask them.

Not knowing just where you are at. Maybe a trip to them could be arranged to fix it. I know both tanks are in inside insulated containers if that is a correct description.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Take off the โ€œcovering.โ€ Then you can decide how to fix it.
Straps, additional supports, or both.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold