Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: It’s been a good run
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> It’s been a good run

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
anutami

Ramona

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/21 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 2 group 29 Interstates have been running since I purchased the camper new in May of 2014. Paid $170 for both of them at the dealer. Have performed great and we have used the you know what out of these!!! Hard to justify even thinking about lithium when these have met all our power needs.
[image]

Our recent trip to Brian head for several nights in the parking Lot @ temps in the single digits pretty much put them to death [emoticon] thinking of moving the next batch of batteries (looking at AGMs) inside the camper but really have not had any issues from these.
[image]

So if it ain’t broke do I just buy the same set or go with AGM’s as it is a pain the check the water levels and can possibly move them Inside etc.

Any ideas on the best deals out there?

Thnx in advance
Nolan

2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/21 05:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Battery guys out of NV ships for free. I ordered two Lifeline group 31 AGMS last month to replace my 10 year old Lifeline Group 31 AGMs and got them delivered here in the bay area within 48 hours of ordering by fedex. Ten years of service. no way I can justify the cost of going Lithium. plus I like the fact that if the truck batteries give out in the middle of nowhere I can toss these under the hood and fire the truck right up

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Lwiddis

Owens River Road area, north of Mammoth

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/21 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two old friends going out to pasture.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

LadyRVer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/21 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it not illegal to have a battery (or batteries) inside a camper? I had a Class B and someone added a battery inside under a seating area and I was told by an automotive repair place, that was totally illegal to have a battery inside with no venting. Maybe I was told wrong?

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/21 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another vote for Lifeline Batteries, great product.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/21 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LadyRVer wrote:

Is it not illegal to have a battery (or batteries) inside a camper? I had a Class B and someone added a battery inside under a seating area and I was told by an automotive repair place, that was totally illegal to have a battery inside with no venting. Maybe I was told wrong?

I don't doubt that one bit. I know that I wouldn't want one inside my camper.

I have two group 29 Ever Starts in my camper and that's all I'll ever need.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/21 10:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like enough room to stuff a couple 6v batteries of your choice in there!
Zero reason not to unless you just want to save a few bucks and buy batteries that are not as durable, don’t last as long, can’t be discharged as deep without harm and don’t have near the capacity.
It really shouldn’t even be a question as to what the best bang for the buck option is.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/21 10:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's talk about again in 6-8 years?
That will be time when cheap Golf Cart batteries of the same age will start dying.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/21 11:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LadyRVer wrote:

Illegal might be a misnomer but certainly any battery that can produce fumes needs to be vented or it will not meet building safety code or RVIA standards.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

hedgehopper

Denver

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/21 12:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

anutami wrote:

it is a pain the check the water levels
Why not get sealed lead-acid?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> It’s been a good run
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.