cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slideout adjustment

hitchikerman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new to us 2020 Cougar 315 RLS which has a common floor plan. Well when we first received it you could open the refrigerator door with the slide in. Well after running the slide in and out the refrigerator hits the island and cannot be open all the way, Just was wondering how this happen
6 REPLIES 6

Mine was easy... I took off the small plastic cover that went from side to side on the bottom covering the lower front of the fridge.

There were 2 rather small and thin 90* angle brackets that were secured into the floor and the front for the fridge leg... I replaced them with more of a Heavy Duty bracket and pushed the fridge back about 1/4" before securing...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

hitchikerman
Explorer
Explorer
Oh ok I have to take it to the dealer soon...I'll just have them look at it...thanks

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I agree, if the fridge can be moved a small amount, and then the door will fully open, that may be best option.

Jerry

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
The slide has to come in far enough to allow a good fit to the seals. I don't know how your island is fastened, but is there a chance it may have moved. This just really isn't making sense. If the fridge isn't hitting against the island, when fully retracted, it is not a real issue, but rather an inconvenience.

Slides can be adjusted, for small corrections, but does not seem to be the problem IMHO.

Jerry

Although the above could be the reason... I had the same issue with my recent fiver... The residential fridge was not secured properly and moved about 1/4 of an inch towards the island..

It was an easy fix for me... you can do it, OR the dealer will handle under warranty
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lol. Evidently the slide wasn't fully retracted when you thought it was.