cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replace Mobley

Ol_coot
Explorer
Explorer
Question to anyone who were using the Mobley for their mobile wi-fi.
ATT has now restricted access to 2 hours and it shuts off. Which is a real pain. Before last month it would stay on as long as it had power. My question "Is there another provider for a mobile Wi-Fi" ? My other half, as she states, got spoiled having it full time and now they take it away. Is there any mobile system that would provide the same ability to go with us when we can finally travel again?
20 REPLIES 20

MrWizard
I remember unlocking my Mobley SIM and changing the lock code from default, then moving the SIM to the netgear hotspot router, it's been on pretty much 24/7 ever since then, runs on battery when the inverter and/or generator are offline,
I bought my netgear 815S in June 2018

I think Feb 2018 thru Sept 2018 will have the most postings about the Mobley SIM to Netgear , service, sims, etc..
I can't be sure on the date but I think it was Feb 2017 when I gof my Mobley and started service, possibly even 2016

Will have too look up my AT&T account for start of service date, when I'm less tired and more awake,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
There was something about having to get a PUC number (or something) that needed to be entered to unlock the full potential of the Mobley if you were moving it to a router or after the software update. Does anyone have the correct info on that issue?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

dshogman
Explorer
Explorer
OK Bob, have just updated the time to 2 hours as that was the only option available. There was no unlimited option - unless there is another place to look besides the Power Save
David Horn
Fulltimer
Kerrville, TX

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've had a Mobley in my RV for the last couple of years and don't have any problems with 2 hour time limit shutdown. But as I recall that was the default setting in the Mobley after some update that AT&T did a while back. To reset it to no time limit requires you to log into your Mobley as System Administrator and change the time limit to unlimited. The instruction booklet that came with my Mobley tells you how to log in as Admin and do this.

BTW, my Mobley has been powered up in my RV since my last camping trip and I just checked it - it's still up and running fine.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
No time limits on my two Mobley's yet.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

dshogman
Explorer
Explorer
Recently had Mobley problems after 4-5 years no problems. Finally got onto ZTE tech support and he had me do a Reset. So now it works - for about a half hour and then is off. How do i fix this?
Thanks
David
Kerrville, TX
David Horn
Fulltimer
Kerrville, TX

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use my Mobley for my work from home connection. Am on line for 9-10 hours continuously on a daily basis. I also leave my work VPN connection alive and connected 24x7 because my company asks for it to stay connected to push patches etc.. No issues.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Ol_coot
Explorer
Explorer
I started having problems getting Mobley to come on-line. Contacted AT&T support, did a reboot and after that went to the 2 hour limit. Wondering now if I should contact AT&T support again to remove/unlock the time limit.
And before I forget again, Thanks for all the answers. What you-all have said makes sense even to this old country boy. Thanks....

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
As I recall, if your Mobley SIM lock code was changed from the default, the update that reverted to the 2-hour limit was blocked from installing. It's been a couple of years though since I had the SIM in the Mobley, so I may not be remembering that correctly. Some advantages to moving the SIM to a more powerful hotspot are the ability to connect external antennas, the newer hotspots can use the newer bands, and the ability to connect more than 5 devices.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
delwhjr wrote:
I have not experienced any time limits on my Mobley.

I use the Mobley without any time limits, but I am not often online for 2 hours at a time.

While traveling my Mobley is on line 24/7. When not using it for steaming or other internet uses it allows remote connection to my trailer's monitoring devices(cameras and temperature sensors).
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
delwhjr wrote:
I have not experienced any time limits on my Mobley.

I use the Mobley without any time limits, but I am not often online for 2 hours at a time.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I also not experiencing any time limits on my Mobley that is connected 24/7 for years now. So Far.

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
I have not experienced any time limits on my Mobley. I just finished a two week trip in early December and no issues. I also have the Netgear LB1120 with the external antenna (6000450) when in fringe areas. The sim card swaps in and out of the two devices with no issues. Did not need any unlock codes or contact with ATT tech support to use.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Ol_coot
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Mr Dutch, I now have one on order. Between what you are saying and what I have read, sounds like it will fill the need.