cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TRIP PLANNER APP FOR RV?

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone reccomend a good trip/route planning app that might include camp grounds & RV resorts along the way?
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
8 REPLIES 8

bolljl
Explorer III
Explorer III
I also would recommend RV Trip Wizard easy to use. Has many personal settings on how you like to travel?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually 4X4 CUMMINS
2013 Lifestyle LS35SB, MORryde IS System
AIRSAFE, Air Hitch

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
RV Life is the phone app version for RV Trip Wizard. There was a small fee. You can download a state to view when there is no cell / internet coverage.

I'm still learning about all the things Wizard does.

Here is a screen shot of the RV Life. KEN

Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Matt_Colie wrote:
It still can't be used as an enroute navigator unless you spring for satellite wideband service. The software packages that cold do that are all dead. I miss them a lot.

Matt

I create my trip in RV Trip Wizard at home on the computer and then recreate it in google maps so I can have navigation. It's more work but worth it to me. I know there's no low bridges and I get real time road condition and crash info with google maps.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
It still can't be used as an enroute navigator unless you spring for satellite wideband service. The software packages that cold do that are all dead. I miss them a lot.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
Could not find RV Trip Wizard in my app store

It's not a phone app. It's a website application but you can use it on your phone. I wouldn't but it's possible. RV Trip Wizard

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Could not find RV Trip Wizard in my app store
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
RV Trip Wizard RVTW is the best of a limited selection.. It does just about everything, RV routing to avoid low bridges and such, it has all the campground in campgroundreviews (same company), I shows range circles on the map so if you want to drive a certain distance it will show that. It has a app that you can use on your phone in real time. It's new and had some problems but they are getting them worked out. The developers listen to the users and are actively updating the software every few months. Get the demo and take a look.

+1

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV Trip Wizard RVTW is the best of a limited selection.. It does just about everything, RV routing to avoid low bridges and such, it has all the campground in campgroundreviews (same company), I shows range circles on the map so if you want to drive a certain distance it will show that. It has a app that you can use on your phone in real time. It's new and had some problems but they are getting them worked out. The developers listen to the users and are actively updating the software every few months. Get the demo and take a look.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper