cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mobile internet in Mexico

ramsaymike
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking to have an unlimited hotspot data plan in Mexico (for 3 months). These plans are very common in the US and becoming more common in Canada. Most of them have a certain amount of high speed data and then unlimited low speed. This would fit my needs perfectly as low speed data would be fine for my application. I know that US carriers offer US/CAN/MEX plans now that look to do this but I have no idea if they really do - lots of fine print about use as a hotspot. I would also like to know if anyone knows of any lower cost options. At home in Canada I use a $15/month plan with unlimited low (quite low) speed hotspot data and it generally works fine. Thanks.
2014 Cedar Creek Cottage CRS
2007 Coachmen Concord M275 (6.0 diesel)
3 REPLIES 3

ramsaymike
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback. We are planning on a 3 month tour next January that basically goes through most of Mexico. The problem with these plans is that you need to be very careful how you use them as you can burn through the high speed data very quickly. I have the hotspot feeding a router that can have several connections. As you say the Telcel plans are not that expensive and could be renewed as required. It's a ways to go yet but Telcel seems to be the way to go.
2014 Cedar Creek Cottage CRS
2007 Coachmen Concord M275 (6.0 diesel)

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link with all the plans. Notice the one with 3 or 4 gigs. A real bargain. But that is a limited time offer. The service is excellent and you can renew at any Oxxo or online. If you have an unlocked phone any Telecel store can sell you a sim. Or you can buy a cheap phone for about 1800 pesos. I can verify that it works in the USA and Canada.

https://www.telcel.com/personas/telefonia/amigo/paquetes-end/paquetes-amigo-sin-limite

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Telcel has a prepaid plan that would work for you. It would use your phone as a htspot. Not unlimited. But inexpensive. The prices may have changed but150 pesos gets you 21 days. I am sorry I cannot give you more info but have not been able to get to Mexico due to closed borders. How and when do you plan on rving in Mexico?

https://prepaid-data-sim-card.fandom.com/wiki/Mexico#Amigo_sin_l.C3.ADmite

The above link may not be current. I will try to verify