Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Disney Transportation question

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello All,

Are there any campgrounds / RV resorts other than Ft. Wilderness that offer transportation to parks? Thanks
28 REPLIES 28

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello Again all.. Little bit of a change of direction here... So we did decide to stay at the Fort but are cutting the week in half. Rather than a full week we will spend 4 nights and then want to move to a beach location. So the Disney transportation question is answered. Since we live in PA somewhat of a northern direction from Orlando is preferred but would not mind going a bit south if it was worth it. Any thoughts on campgrounds at the beach in FL from central FL north? Thanks as always!

mfinnerty
Explorer
Explorer
What we really liked about staying at the Fort was that we could easily go back to our rig for lunch/dinner or for a break. We'd also go back to the rig to avoid some of the really crowded times.
Mike & Linda Finnerty with Finn & Rosco (Golden mix brothers)

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Dont kbow if this is leagal, but i am pisting a campsite rate post from another board. Its the only true rate analysis of fort wilderness. You can see the dates and prices of all the sites for the year and how they change. Most campers will fit at a reguler full hook up site, the preferred are the original sites ( at the front next to the boats) and can be smaller and the premium meadows are closer to the pool , fire, etc . They are nice but for me not worth the extra $$$. I hope i got that right. Again, lut in you size rv, TT etc, they will put you on a site you can fit in. Put into the notes if you are or need a huge site. Someone i know tows with a hdt and a giant 5th wheeler. He gets a lot of looks pulling in, lol.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-2021-campsite-rack-rate-analysis.3812341/
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
kfp673 wrote:
Sjm9911 wrote:
Depending on when you go 1/2 sounds like a lot. I looked up there prices, while i couldent get the dates i have booked, it was aprox 125 vs 100 for the offsite + fees. Other things to remember, closer to holidays, and such the fort gets expensive, so Christmas may be 300 $$ a night. But around the holidays you get great camping decorations to look at. I did halloween last year and every campsite was decorated to the nines.
This was chritmass last year, not my vid, off you tube.

https://youtu.be/vABoxIi2jqo

Gotcha. I did not realize how much the costs fluctuate at the Fort. We are looking at spring break time and the range for full hookup sites are $190-$237 vs $80-$110 at non Disney parks.

So it seems it would cost $100 per day extra to stay at Disney vs. elsewhere. $25.00 is made up instantly via free parking by staying at Disney.
Now your paying a $75.00 per day premium for Disney. For me that is an easy decision, again I'm not rich nd may have to cut back or sacrifice in another area but I'm willing to pay $75.00 per day extra to enjoy Disney properties and all that comes with it.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sjm9911 wrote:
Depending on when you go 1/2 sounds like a lot. I looked up there prices, while i couldent get the dates i have booked, it was aprox 125 vs 100 for the offsite + fees. Other things to remember, closer to holidays, and such the fort gets expensive, so Christmas may be 300 $$ a night. But around the holidays you get great camping decorations to look at. I did halloween last year and every campsite was decorated to the nines.

Gotcha. I did not realize how much the costs fluctuate at the Fort. We are looking at spring break time and the range for full hookup sites are $190-$237 vs $80-$110 at non Disney parks.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
spoon059 wrote:
Tropical Palms in Kissimmee is just outside the parks. Haven't been there in 10 years or so, but we used to love going there. The money you save by not being in a Disney hotel or campground more than pays for the price and inconvenience of parking.

This was kind of my point in the entire thread. It is less than 1/2 to stay here or other area campgrounds vs the Ft so I am enjoying the replies so far and trying to decide if that double cost is worth it. No character meetings is going to be a tough one with a 4yr old. He really loves the characters, especially in HS seeing the Pixar guys.

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
Just curious...

How is Disney World now? I read that it is open.

Crowded?

The theme parks and Disney Springs are still operating with capacity limits, Similar story with Universal Resort, City Walk, & Sea World. Disney has resumed selling Park Hopper passes within the last week or so.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of stuff is still closed at the fort, so chip and dale ( great free show) is not running yet. Movies are only 2 nights a week. The hoop de do review is closed. Take out only for the resturant. The pool os open, as are the rentals and such. So you do get less now for your money. Im booked for nov this year, I canceled last year. So im going while my daughter will still enjoy it. The parks are still busy, no fast passes yet. No character autographs or shows. No fireworks. The lines are still long even with less people because of the closed stuff. Restaurants are closed and harder to get reservations for and the take out stuff is hit or miss. The ellectric light parade has started back up. Thats from the people on the disboards. I have not seen it firsthand, but its accurate. I hope more stuff opens up before november. The hoop de do, while a bit dated and cheesey was a blast.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
kfp673 wrote:
Sjm9911 wrote:
Ok , 25 $ , I was staying at the fort so its then included. I drove to all the parks but MK. Faster that way, and i have a TT so just as easy.

You are saying you drove from Ft Wilderness to the parks and found it faster and easier? And staying at the FT gives you free parking? Honestly never considered that. The few times we were there we used Disney transport just assuming the parking situation would put you far from the entrance and be a pain. Although I will admit, one late night with tired kids (and already knowing the long route the bus was going to take to get us back) we called an Uber.

Every park but mk. With my 8 yo at the time we were up early. So, was close to the entrance in AK, Epcott and HS. Yes parking is free if you stay on a disney property. Addtionally, i liked having a cooler of soda, water. We went for halloween 2 years ago and man it was hot! With mk the boat ride over is a part of the adventure. But now with covid, the bus is faster.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tropical Palms in Kissimmee is just outside the parks. Haven't been there in 10 years or so, but we used to love going there. The money you save by not being in a Disney hotel or campground more than pays for the price and inconvenience of parking.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

we normally drive to each park and park ( for free with stay ) ... It is usually faster and easier for us doing it that way.... not waiting in bus lines, or anything like that..

We will take the boats to Magic Kingdom , and usually drive everywhere else....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
kfp673 wrote:
Sjm9911 wrote:
Ok , 25 $ , I was staying at the fort so its then included. I drove to all the parks but MK. Faster that way, and i have a TT so just as easy.

You are saying you drove from Ft Wilderness to the parks and found it faster and easier? And staying at the FT gives you free parking? Honestly never considered that. The few times we were there we used Disney transport just assuming the parking situation would put you far from the entrance and be a pain. Although I will admit, one late night with tired kids (and already knowing the long route the bus was going to take to get us back) we called an Uber.

One of the things I like most about staying at FT. Wilderness is access to the Disney transportation system.
I consider riding,, the boats, monorail and buses all part of the experience. I can park the car and not worry about driving the entire stay. Unless it were an emergency I would never pay vs. taking Disney transportation. I'm just not in that much of a hurry to get back to the RV. It's all vacation time!

We have gone the route of driving and parking before while at the Fort. It was a time saver most of the time. However, when we went in early December 2020, the parking lot trams were not running(part of the CoVid protocols) and you had to walk in from the lot. This negated any time saving. I don't know if the trams are running again but if not use the buses, etc.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
kfp673 wrote:
Sjm9911 wrote:

One of the things I like most about staying at FT. Wilderness is access to the Disney transportation system.
I consider riding,, the boats, monorail and buses all part of the experience. I can park the car and not worry about driving the entire stay. Unless it were an emergency I would never pay vs. taking Disney transportation. I'm just not in that much of a hurry to get back to the RV. It's all vacation time!
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide