cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking for info

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and i would like to go the maryland area. Newark or Berlin? or maybe cape map in Jersey? we like to go to the beach, and go outt to dinner. we have 40 ft 5ver. thanks
8 REPLIES 8

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cape Henlopen State Park is right up in the corner of Delaware by the ferry launch. Really pretty park, lots of hiking and biking. The campground is in the pine trees and they added some electric sites in the past 2 or 3 years. I've never camped there, but have visited the park many times. Not super easy access to the beach, but you can drive from the campground section to the beach parking lot and park for free. Easy access to Lewes, which is a pretty little town with a nice downtown area and a few restaurants and little shops. Fun little place to stay. Access to the more commercial Rehoboth Beach is a little more arduous. Driving is only about 10 miles, but its every bit of a 30-45 minute drive of frustration and red light. Its faster and straighter to bike through the Gordon Pond area about 6 miles to get to downtown.

A little further south is Delaware Seashore State Park. This is where we normally stay. It is a full hookup campground that is little more than asphalt road and pads in the middle of the sand. No shade, few amenities, but easy walking access to an isolated beach and short easy drives to Bethany, Dewey and Rehoboth beaches.

Since we go to the beach for the access to water and we enjoy walking and eating in Rehoboth we go to Seashore State Park.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
This place should work for you, Island Resort Family Campground
I'd recommend a site between 76 and 93. Afternoon shade while looking out over the lake.
8 minutes to Berlin. 23 minutes to the big parking lot at the inlet in OC.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
If you are feeling adventurous you can stay at Cape Henlopen state park, Delaware Seashore park or Massey's landing and take the Lewes Ferry to Cape May and the Jersey Shore.
Further South in MD there is Assateaque State Park. Frontier town and Castaway's.
Rates for the private parks within the ocean/beach corridor are climbing through the roof. Nevertheless getting a site during peak season can be tough , I suggest you act now if your plans are for July.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Cape May was nice.

We are going to that area of the east coast this summer. MD and DE. Lots of places to stay, but can be pricey.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Maryland has several state parks in that area.The 2 in that area are Assateague State Park and Pocomoke River. Assateague has both a state and national park. The state park has one loop with hookups. The National Park has no hookups but 2 loops allow generators. We stayed in both and prefer the National park because there is some grass and trees in the bayside loops.Plus, being over 62 I have the senior pass which allows free entry to the NP and half off camping fees.

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
learntorv wrote:
What time of year? Lots of things are closed right now.

For New Jersey, it's a bit north of there but one of my favorite campgrounds is Sea Pines. We've been there many times in 42' and 44' RVs. Lots of trees and funky spots because of it. You're also very unlikely to get a spot with sewer, though they have regular honeypot service and a loaner dumper tote.

In Maryland, we've stayed at Frontiertown. It was OK. I'd stay there again, though it's quite expensive in the summer. We also stayed at Treasure Isle RV Park in Fenwick Island, DE. It was unique, like its own little city. The best part is that Mancini's Brick Oven Pizzeria is nearby. They have some of the best food I've ever eaten in my life there.

We are thinking about july

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
We never camped in that area because we can mouchdock with family. I think that with few exceptions most of the east coast south of New York Harbor is pretty much the same. Get east of there?? Not the same.

Be sure to plan your route to get you to the correct side of the bay. The ferry is often crowded (needs reservations) and is kind of expensive for big things.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

learntorv
Explorer
Explorer
What time of year? Lots of things are closed right now.

For New Jersey, it's a bit north of there but one of my favorite campgrounds is Sea Pines. We've been there many times in 42' and 44' RVs. Lots of trees and funky spots because of it. You're also very unlikely to get a spot with sewer, though they have regular honeypot service and a loaner dumper tote.

In Maryland, we've stayed at Frontiertown. It was OK. I'd stay there again, though it's quite expensive in the summer. We also stayed at Treasure Isle RV Park in Fenwick Island, DE. It was unique, like its own little city. The best part is that Mancini's Brick Oven Pizzeria is nearby. They have some of the best food I've ever eaten in my life there.