cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fishing Bridge in Yellowstone closed until 2022

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
Just received notice that the Fishing Bridge Campground in Yellowstone will not open in 2021. Only camping available inside park will be no hookups.
Fishing Bridge Closed
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI
10 REPLIES 10

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
When we went a couple of years ago we stayed at a nice park about 20 miles south of West Yellowstone, and then took a bus tour into YNP. We got to see all the popular sites, and didn't have to worry about finding parking, dealing with traffic, and knowing the best time to get to each spot.
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
BarabooBob wrote:
If you have to have full hookups, why not stay in West Yellowstone and drive in? You can still see the park and have your hookups. You just have to plan early, but, you had to do that to get a Fishing Bridge site anyway.
That's what I did. Worked well for me.

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Very sorry to hear this news. Many RVers can't, or won't, stay anywhere without full hookups.

I wish there were more folks like that. Gives the rest of us more elbow room
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Distances and time from
Fishing Bridge West Yellowstone
Old Faithful 38 30
Canyon Village 16 32
Tower 35 51
Norris 28 28
Mammouth 49 49

Coming from Fishing Bridge to any of these places you have to drive throw Hayden Valley which has some of the worst wildlife traffic jams in the park. I think we spent almost an hour every time we drove through that area.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Glad we went in 2017. Fishing Bridge is centrally located and perfect for seeing all of the park. I would hate to be on the outskirts of the park and have to drive in everyday seeing the same thing until I got to where I turned off the different loops. Either way we booked a year in advance.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have to have full hookups, why not stay in West Yellowstone and drive in? You can still see the park and have your hookups. You just have to plan early, but, you had to do that to get a Fishing Bridge site anyway.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
So glad I fought for the 3 weeks to take my big loop trip in 2017. We got 6 nights at fishing bridge for a middle of the trip decompression. Once the closure was announced spots were even more unobtainable, if I hadn't fought for it then it's unlikely I ever would have taken my kids to see it where they'd really remember (they were 7 and a toddler our first trip). It's unfortunate that a lot of families will miss out on the awesome experience that is Yellowstone due to a poorly managed project.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
COVID: Construction projects months behind schedule.
Government construction projects: years behind schedule.
COVID + Government: Add a decade or two

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Very sorry to hear this news. Many RVers can't, or won't, stay anywhere without full hookups.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Great! it sure could use it. I see nothing mentioned about repaving, I hope that's in the budget too.....LOL
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!