cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seven points campground Raystown lake PA

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
We Would like to check out Seven points COE campground at Raystown lake in PA next year does anyone have loop recommendations ? If I understand correctly all sites are electric only no water is that correct? Traveling with a large Truck camper no trailer. I would guess reservations are hard to come by as well ? Any advice or recommendations are much appreciated
Thanks
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's
7 REPLIES 7

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
I was there in September. Stayed in Point Camp. I actually got a site on the water about 6 weeks out. When I got there,I found out why. The site is a pull off and there isn't much room for the trailer. Length wise it was ok. I have a 26 ft TT. But the site was narrow.I couldn't put my slide all the way out. But there were steps that led down to the lake where there was a picknic table,fire ring and lamp post all right on the water. That site would probably work for a truck camper or pop up. That site number is P154.Senoia,Point Camp and Susquehannock have some sites on the water. The rest don't.Now most people say you can't get a site. But if you go in on a Sunday and leave on Thursday, you will find there are more openings. Weekends are where it gets booked up quickly.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I won't name my favorite campground up there, because its already near impossible to get sites. But, I LOVE Raystown Lake. We go 3-4 times a year, a couple of weeklong trips and a couple longer weekends too. Have a couple friends that own and store boats up there. We get waterfront sites and really enjoy our time up there!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
Been going to Raystown lake for years. It's much tougher to get a spot these days.
Reservations can be made 6 months in advance, nevertheless they are still hard to get these days.
All the loops are great. Depending on what you want. Some are closer to the water and have great water front sites. Some are wooded, others are totally open.
Raystown has lots of trails, and a neat mountain bike track.
You can also bring a boat or rent a boat if you are a boater.

Thanks for the help I am going to try to get a reservation for August, we have stayed at many COE campgrounds and all have been nice .
18 Host Mammoth

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Been going to Raystown lake for years. It's much tougher to get a spot these days.
Reservations can be made 6 months in advance, nevertheless they are still hard to get these days.
All the loops are great. Depending on what you want. Some are closer to the water and have great water front sites. Some are wooded, others are totally open.
Raystown has lots of trails, and a neat mountain bike track.
You can also bring a boat or rent a boat if you are a boater.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information
18 Host Mammoth

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
M'lady is from there, ways all of that area is nice, spaces have always been well maintained, First loop going down the hill had very little shade.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
We were there in Oct 2015, so the info may be dated.

Yes, no water at the site but faucets are scattered around the campground loops. I had to hook up 75 feet of hose and run it across a road to refill mine (I didn't read the info earlier, and arrived with only the normal 4 or 5 gal I carry in the FW tank.)

We stayed in Senora Camp, I believe site # 181 - I wasn't recording my site numbers back then, but I know it has 30 amp power, which was fine. Actually extended our stay for a day and shortened our stay at COE Gerald R Freemon on Sutton Lake in WV due to icy precip falling in PA. Point and Valley were closed for the season. Ridge might have been closed. Meadow was open.

If you want satellite TV - go to Meadow. Open with few trees.

I walked Point and Valley. I would prefer Point if going in season. I prefer a water front site, and that is the best place to get one IMHO.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT