cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chevy/GMC bed height

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anybody out there have a 20/21 Chevy or GMC 2500 double cab standard bed 4wheel drive. If so what is the height of the bed rails from the ground. I don't want to order a new truck if it is too tall for my 5th wheel. Nobody at the dealership can tell me and they don't have one in stock.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A
8 REPLIES 8

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Roger10378 wrote:
That is what I was afraid of. It looks like I may do some cosmetic work on the old truck and keep on driving it.

Cosmetic like fixing rust? (See youโ€™re from MI).
That is throwing money away on anything that still is going to see winters in the salt belt and not even a worthwhile effort if it wonโ€™t see more salt, as everything else is crusted and rusted too.
If not rust, then I still donโ€™t understand. You have the means and desire for a new truck and there are so many other options. From lifting the trailer to lowering the back of the truck a bit, to buying a presumably much nicer used truck that does fit.
Or am I missing something in your equation?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Itakethe5th2011
Explorer
Explorer
My 2020 CC standard bed RWD measures 59 1/4" at the rear bed corner. When I looked for new truck I was hoping the RWD would be lower than 4x4, but not the case anymore. Both measured the same bed height. The dealer gave me such a great deal back in May because of covic-19 they were having a hard time selling inventory, I bought it. It had the 5th wheel puck system, so I bought the Curt adapter for my Q20 hitch. I hooked up my Sprinter 5th wheel and started laying boards under the tires of the 5th wheel. After several attempts, I had 4" of wood boards to get trailer to measure from ground to frame the same, front to rear. I found a company in Canada that makes lift kits and bought 2 set, 1 set per axle, 3" lift blocks. Trailer still not even front to rear so I changed out my 15" rims to 16" rims and had Goodyear Endurance ST235/80/R16E installed. It was finally equal front to rear. I've toad it over 4000 miles now and it's been great. Love the truck, but it took some work to get trailer level. One other thing, I kept my 6" clearance between bed rail and bottom of 5th wheel.

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
Roger10378 wrote:
Anybody out there have a 20/21 Chevy or GMC 2500 double cab standard bed 4wheel drive. If so what is the height of the bed rails from the ground. I don't want to order a new truck if it is too tall for my 5th wheel. Nobody at the dealership can tell me and they don't have one in stock.

If you do decide that you want a new double cab, I believe that you may wait awhile. It had been reported that GM was "mostly" building crew cabs, and I heard of someone who ordered in August that does not have their double cab. I know someone who ordered a crew cab in November that had it on Dec 31.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is what I was afraid of. It looks like I may do some cosmetic work on the old truck and keep on driving it.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting resource, noteven.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
57 1/4 at the wheel.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2020 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab with a standard bed. Measuring from the center of the rear wheel, it's 58" from the ground to the top of the rail. It's 21" from the bed floor to the top of the rail. The bed itself is 6' 10" in length. I assume the standard bed has the same dimensions whether it's attached to a Double Cab or a Crew Cab. I hope this helps.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have a look see at the GM guide

GM Upfitter Guide