cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rentals

salem
Explorer
Explorer
A friend wants to rent a trailer next summer. He's looking at a place called Outdoorsy.com. I told him I would ask on the rvnet forum to see if anyone is familiar with this company. It looks like the units are privately owned and people use this company to rent them out when they're not using them.
5 REPLIES 5

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your comments.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
My mom and stepdad rented a camper van via Outdoorsy last summer. Their experience was good, but be sure to read the fine print. For example, after 150 miles a day, they were charged mileage, which isn't uncommon, and they did know about this before they rented it so it was not a surprise. But I could see some people not paying attention to that. This doesn't appear to be a thing with trailers, but definitely with vans/motorhomes.

The unit itself was nice, well maintained and clean. The only issue they ran into was the space heater in the inventory list was missing, and the owner didn't catch it before they picked it up. Apparently the prior renters had kept it. So the owner offered to reimburse them if they went to buy one themselves.

In the end I think it ends up being similar to Air BnB. It's going to depend on the owner and how well they clean/maintain the units. You can read reviews of each unit to determine how nice it is.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I will share IAMICHABODโ€˜s post with friends. Good to know.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, IAMICHABOD. I appreciate the comment. I saw on their website that they had a lot of positive reviews, but I wanted to see comments from people who I know are real RV'ers. Again, thanks.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only way that I am familiar with the company is that my Daughter and Son in law used them last year when their trailer was damaged just before a preplaned family camping outing of several families

The unit they rented was in very good shape and they were pleased with the rental,the price was right and the owner was a pleasure to work with,all in all a great experience for them and the said they would do it again and would have if this pandemic had not upended all of our plans.

They seem to have some very good reviews that is one reason they considered it.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C