cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Level up System Bleed Off

CabinetmakerII
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have been full time RV'ers for 8+ years. Our previous RV had a catastrophic frame failure (long story) which forced the purchase of a new RV. Our new home is equipped with a "Level up" automatic leveling system which is really a nice feature however, the system seems to "Bleed Down" during extended stays. We have been stationary for about 2 months and the main landing gear is allowing the front of the coach to settle. Is anybody else experiencing this situation? I exercise the slides as part of my monthly maintenance routine but I do not conduct an "Auto Level"... Should I? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2018 Polairs 1000 XP Side by Side
4 REPLIES 4

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
Weโ€™ve been full timers in a TH with the Level Up system for almost 7 years. I too find that I need to re-level about once a month when we are somewhere for an extended period of time. I use the Cat Hydraulic additive in my system plus spray the seals weekly with Silicone. Iโ€™ve never found a leak nor have I even seen a solid reason/solution. It just โ€œis what it isโ€.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only reference to extended use in the owner's manual is to use a spray lube on the exposed pistons to prevent rust and corrosion that could damage the seals.

There's this thread on the Forest River forum that suggests that if the system is new there may be residual air in it. Since you have a 2021 rig, how often have you used the leveling system? It wouldn't hurt to cycle it monthly.

Here is a thread on the Thor Forum from a guy with the same issues. He says he called Lippert and was told to check the fluid and add if it was low, and several folks on the thread said that fixed their problem.

I would start by checking and correcting the fluid level, also making sure no fittings are weeping, etc. You can also call Lippert directly at 574-537-8900 if you want to ask them yourself.

HighwayJunky
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to learn the answer to that question. I have the same problem in that the passenger side rear (tag axles) level seems to bleed off as well. Once out of level the ice maker stops working and overflows and all the doors in the unit start to swing to the lowest side.
2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
2012 Fiat Pop Toad
One wife
No pets
No complaints
No Worries (except keeping wife happy!!)
Fulltime jobhttps://www.rv.net/SharedContent/cfb/images/rolleyes.gif

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
2X
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos