Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Best tire inflator for dually tires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Best tire inflator for dually tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
jimbo4UT

Stafford Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/21 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Funny what I paid for my inflator I could buy 4 with your priced inflator and put one each tire. Lol ??
Jimbo

jimbo4UT

Stafford Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/21 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Correct and I just ordered Teflon tape plus propane tape as I have a small leak so might as well tape it up too

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/21 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MDKMDK

Lockdown Gulag

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/21 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimbo4UT wrote:

Funny what I paid for my inflator I could buy 4 with your priced inflator and put one each tire. Lol ??
Jimbo

Many folks like the VIAIR inflators. Most say they're great, and I would hope so, considering the price tag.
I got a Fini 120PSI 2 gallon hot dog compressor at Menards for US$80 on sale. I then mosied over to Harbor Freight and bought the fixin's for it, a couple of brass quick connect fittings, some high pressure air hose, and an air chuck that reaches my inside dual rear valve stems. Total, maybe US$35? Like yours, the Fini is 110AC so if necessary, I can fire up the generator, and plug in. Or use it in the driveway at home.

Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

ORbiker

Springfield, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/21 09:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put the ( LINK )Crossfire Dual Tire Pressure Equalization System on my Ram dually. Works great.

[image]

Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

Harvey51

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/21 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used the Milton inflator tool on the right for a couple of years until it started leaking air.
[image]
Note the post in the business end: it tends to slip away from the Center of the opening for the tire valve and fail to open it - allowing the compressed air to leak away. There is a black rubber ring that is supposed to hold the post in the center that seems to be worn out.
I went back to the same store to complain and they sold me an identical new one. Stupid. It leaked, too. Same problem. Turning the slotted business end gives access to the rubber ring so it could be replaced if I could find or make one of the right size I could make it work again.
I bought a new DILL USA from another store which worked. It works well new and hopefully will last for a longer time.

2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

jimbo4UT

Stafford Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/21 05:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

to be very honest with everyone I do not check my air pressure very often. My motorhome is brand new and wanted to make sure it was up to correct pressure on all the tires. Unless i am headed out to extreme heat area's I wont check it period, same as i do my car. Some people check it every time they go somewhere but we are full-timers (second go around) so that would mean everyday doing it and I just do not see the point. Now i will have many come on here and say oh i felt the same way but after a tire tore the bottom side of my trailer/coach I think differently. Go to a truck stop and get a tire checker ( I used to work at a truck stop) it looks like a small baseball bat with a metal band around the top. You simply wack the tire and it makes a sound when it is full and a totally different sound when under inflated or flat. So in reality i do check the tires often just not with a gauge. Flame away.

Jimbo

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/21 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NRALIFR wrote:

I think this is the best inflator and accessories I’ve ever had. The compressor is auto-shutoff, meaning you can use closed air chucks just like a real compressor, and it will shutoff when the hose pressurizes to the cutoff pressure. The dually extension is very well designed, and is all I use to inflate my truck tires. It comes with enough hose to reach your trailer tires as well. Yeah, it’s not cheap. Buy once, cry once.

Viair 400P-RV

[image]

[emoticon][emoticon]

X2. Yes expensive , but it works and thats what i need being a boondocker 20 miles from a paved road.

Very powerful. Its the best i have ever used. Parts of it get very hot, let it cool off for a couple of minutes before you pack it up.

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/21 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We tow a tandem axel flat bed trailer taking our antique tractor to shows. One I got the trailer out and check the tires with a pressure gauge, they were OK, and I loaded my tractor. It was a few hours later before we left. Then we stopped at a grocer store and while my wife went in I checked the load, and found a soft tire. Apparently checking the air caused a valve to start leaking.
So now I only check tires with a radiant thermometer.

Dusty

jimbo4UT

Stafford Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/21 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank u ?? you made my case for those who overcheck everything.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Best tire inflator for dually tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.