cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arctic Fox 27-5L Height with 2nd A/C

lcseds
Explorer
Explorer
I am lookin at this 5th wheel but have a concern. Brochure height is 13' 5". When I contacted Northwood about the height when ordering it with the from AC, they said it would add "several inches" to the height. I am on the east coast. I have an interstate bridge near me that has a 13' 9" clearance. I don't know if there are any shorter on the interstate. I do not want to sg=have the top of an air conditioner.

Does anyone have this model with the front lo-pro AC? If so, hit anything? How low a clearance bridge have you squeaked under? Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

miltvill
Explorer
Explorer
Or the low profile AC was temporarily unavailable. Many RV parts are hard to get at this time.
2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB

lhecksel
Explorer
Explorer
We just ordered ours and were told the low profile could save us about 4 inches........but, was not as efficient as the regular. I tend to believe them as it would have cost more to get the low profile so what would be the motivation to NOT upsell. Clearance listed with traditional A/C is 13'6".

We did upgrade to the 15 and added a second air conditioner. We are planning to get everything hooked up before we trust ANY height measurement.

miltvill wrote:
Is that with a low profile AC?

If asking me, no.. standard 15k AC's X 3
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

miltvill
Explorer
Explorer
Is that with a low profile AC?
2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB

My height as listed in the " brochure " was 13'6"... when I arrived at Morryde for my IS I measured at 13'2-1/2"...

I am now at 13'4-1/2"
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Maximum legal height is 13'-6" for unpermitted highway travel. The only way to measure correct actual height is to have the trailer setting on the truck and measure the high point.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot