cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

US to require COVID Testing for International Flyers

Talleyho69
Starting January 26, international flyers returning to the US have to provide a negative COVID test before boarding.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2021/01/12/covid-test-required-international-passengers-flying-into-us/6640424002/
45 REPLIES 45

Talleyho69
Normally Covid discussions are moved to Around the Campfire, but I think there has been enough said on this subject until new information is received.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
There is a health crisis in Mexico. Most cities have zero hospital beds available. Sick people wait outside for someone to die. There is a shortage of oxygen bottles thus long lines to pay $200usd for a 24 hour supply. The cartels are hijacking trucks loaded with new bottles. Not a good time to travel to Mexico. The land borders are about to change and crossing will become difficult.

I live in Mexico. I personally know what is going on. I have Mexican health insurance if I need it. I am one of the 99% that has had covid and survived. No needles needed, I got the antibodies the old fashion way.

We are all adults. We all make choices.

While some of you have created a Bubble to live in,

I have traveled quite a bit. 7 USA airports, 4 Mexican over 20 flights. I went diving in Playa, drank some beers with new friends in Zihua, had a fish taco today in Mazatlan.

I have been to Vegas, Utah and up to Grand Junctions, ate great BBQ in Houston and Memphis but missed out on some Cajun when Louisianna was on lock down when I was there.

And I am still alive and well.

Moishe, you made your life choice. I made mine. My choice is just as valid as yours. My story is my real life experience, not just stuff I read online in Bubble life. Quit telling people how they should live their lives or whose voice should be deleted.

BTW, I was just in Los Angeles for the holidays. No O2 there either. The doctors/scientists knew months ago we were going to surge during flu season and most States did nothing to prepare.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
That is exactly what my partner was telling me

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
There is a health crisis in Mexico. Most cities have zero hospital beds available. Sick people wait outside for someone to die. There is a shortage of oxygen bottles thus long lines to pay $200usd for a 24 hour supply. The cartels are hijacking trucks loaded with new bottles. Not a good time to travel to Mexico. The land borders are about to change and crossing will become difficult.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Galvanizd wrote:
Heading back down to mexico next week. See what happens at the border.

I have crossed back and forth dozens of times in the last year. Going south is SOP. Going north, crossing times are the shortest I have ever seen.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
38% increase in Covid in the last 2 weeks

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I would think twice about going to Mexico right now. First you have to consider that the virus is widespread. Second there are many changes coming to the borders. You could be refused entry to Mexico
Returning to the USA will likely require quarantine.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/01/21/executive-order-promoting-covid-19-safety-in-domestic-and-international-travel/

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
Heading back down to mexico next week. See what happens at the border.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Stay tuned. Canada,USA and Mexico are planning talks about border issues. Land crossings will be part of the discussions.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
Today Trudeau announced that the need for a Covid test before flying back to Canada will apply to flights from all nations. Of course he also stated that these restrictions could change and that Canadians could be left stranded. How kind!

I have little sympathy, the government has been telling Canadians to stay home for months. Anyone choosing to vacation during a pandemic get what they deserve, IMO.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Biden announced today that anyone flying into the usa will not only need a covid test they must quarantine for 14 days.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Today Trudeau announced that the need for a Covid test before flying back to Canada will apply to flights from all nations. Of course he also stated that these restrictions could change and that Canadians could be left stranded. How kind!

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69 wrote:
As I understand it, the prevention to crossing borders is not leaving a country, but entering another.

They can't stop a Canadians from entering canada, but they can stop them from transiting the US

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/world/americas/migrant-caravan-us-biden-guatemala-immigration.htm...

Wonder if these folks will get thru. Folks here want to go south. These folks want to come north.