cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

St Augustine Campgrounds

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
DH and I have a 2006 Class A in good shape. Looking for a spot for several nights in St Augustine area. Anastasia SP has nothing available. Most CGs are pricy. Looking at Stagecoach, but their website seems to be anxious about any RV over 10 years old. Am I reading something into this, or do they actually enforce this policy (know some places do). There is nothing at all unattractive or "grody" about our RV. It was simply made in 2006! It's clean, well kept and acceptable to everyone who sees it. Please advise if you know about their policy, and if you can suggest another park. Thanks.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!
12 REPLIES 12

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. Made our reservations at Compass RV Resort. A little out of the way, but that's to our liking. Appreciate the quick responses and suggestions.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We used to stay at stagecoach in a 10+ old Class A.... of course it was in excellent condition, but I don't recall them even asking.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
I like Ocean Grove RV Resort 4225 A1A South

800-342-4007
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
mgirardo wrote:
This time of year St. Augustine is hard to get into without advanced reservations.

We've stayed at North Beach Campground before. We enjoyed our stay.

Good luck.

-Michael
I second North Beach. We go there every summer. Suggest calling instead of relying on their website to make a reservation.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Have overnighted at Stagecoach ~ a dozen times coming or going further south, and never knew it had a 10-year rule. I suspect it is only invoked for RVs in obvious poor shape. Seems like a well-run place, so a phone call would probably resolve any questions.
2013 RT 190-Popular

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to stay at a park with a 10-year rule, you can always talk to them and offer a current picture of your rig. This will some times give them enough info to accept you. However, some places strictly enforce the age rule because they want folks with lots of money to be the ones to come in. And their line of thinking is if you have an older rig, you don't have the money. There is one in South Carolina that actually has a 5 year rule which is strictly enforced.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 10 year rule is more about keeping out poor quality campers. I agree with LadyRVer... see if you can send pictures of your 14 year old camper (or simply tell them its 10 years old) and see if they will make an exception. We stayed at a place with a 10 year old rule in a camper that was 18 years old at the time (didn't know about the rule) and didn't have an issue.

That said, we like North Beach for St Augustine. Its literally on the sand though, so be prepared if you have pets.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I always stay at Stagecoach when in the area... Not really sure they enforce the 10 year rule. I would call them, talk with them and ask if I could email pictures?

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Your RV is a 2011 isn't it? Nothing special about Stage Coach except location. We stayed there and would again.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
This time of year St. Augustine is hard to get into without advanced reservations.

We've stayed at North Beach Campground before. We enjoyed our stay.

Good luck.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
A reservation at Anastasia SP is nearly is a tough ticket any time of year, especially now. And yes, they're all pricey. We stayed at the St Augustine Beach KOA many times and found it more than adequate. You can even park your toad if you want, the KOA has an Old Town Trolley stop; you can get to the beach, Alligator Farm, & Old Town St Augstine. But, if you're talking immediate future, reservations may be a challenge.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
We love compass they have $55 sites with full hookups
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks