cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Disney World 12/21

Turlock_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip to Disney World the first of December 12/21, also any suggestions on were to stay in Orlando and I was also thinking on staying for a while maybe going to the Keys?

Thanks
Bill
14 REPLIES 14

EsperanzaAli
Explorer
Explorer

If you want that Disney magic, consider one of the Disney Resort hotels. They're convenient and immersive. But if you're looking for something more budget-friendly, there are plenty of hotels and vacation rentals nearby.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
DavidandDayle wrote:
If you're going to DW, look up the All Ears website. They have lots of good advice.
And check the ticket prices. The last couple of times we went, we stayed over 2 weeks and found annual passes were cheaper than multiple shorter passes. I think the AP covers parking.

We've also stayed at the Kissimmee KOA. (DW is in K., not Orlando)

This was once true but with Covid currently Disney World will only renew current AP's and will not be selling new ones. Now when (if) things get back to normal that could change, this was just announced this week
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

DavidandDayle
Explorer
Explorer
If you're going to DW, look up the All Ears website. They have lots of good advice.
And check the ticket prices. The last couple of times we went, we stayed over 2 weeks and found annual passes were cheaper than multiple shorter passes. I think the AP covers parking.

We've also stayed at the Kissimmee KOA. (DW is in K., not Orlando)
David and Dayle

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Just put Orlando in the search box in the RV Parks section for more info.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
For a site at the Fort I would suggest using a travel agent especially for the time you want to go, no charge to you and they handle everything for you, I have a friend who is a agent and if you want pm me for his contact
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

learntorv
Explorer
Explorer
I didnโ€™t like the lack of privacy in the full hookup sites. I always opted for the premiums because I felt like you got some shrubbery between you and the neighbor. But, donโ€™t let me oversell it... itโ€™s not a lot!

And honestly for getting holiday season reservations at the Fort, I just use a travel agent. Doesnโ€™t cost me anything and they do the grunt work. I have a couple of anyone wants the recommendation.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Book it , they have a good canclation policy. Tickets, im not sure about.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, they jack up the prices closer to the holiday. Full hook ups are good, and usally the disney sites are big.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Usally sites are avalible 499 days out, but with the covid they are releasing them at diffrent times. I didnt see anything for 2022 on February. It looks like december is mostly sold out. It is also going to be the 50th anniversary there, but they may put it off untill they are operating at full capacity. Who knows. And thats just for fort wilderness. But if i was going , i would get the tickets and reserve the days for the parks you want to visit.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

I just checked my site -

No premium or preferred.. just full hook up price below

The dates I put in were 12/6 to 12/10

Sewage hook-up

Room for an RV plus a tent
Accommodates equipment on a concrete pad up to 10 feet by 50 feet
Sewage hook-up
Sleeps up to 10 Adults

Sleeps up to 10 Adults
Standard Rate

$178.00 USD$178
USD
Avg/Night Excl Tax

Rate Detailsfor Full Hook-Up Campsite Opens a dialog
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately if you dont allready have reservations, fort wilderness may be booked solid. Especially on the dates you will be there. Its busy around the holidays and spots fill up fast. Likewise, with the ticketing system now, you need to book the park in advance. I have no clue if the parks will reach capacity, but around Christmas time they may. Especially now with the reduced capacity.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

learntorv
Explorer
Explorer
As mentioned, Disney's Fort Wilderness is a beautiful campground. We have stayed there a handful of times. It's quite expensive, though.

Here's an older write-up about it:
https://learntorv.com/camping-at-disney-world-fort-wilderness/

As for driving down to the Keys, we like to go down to Miami first for a night or two. We have always stayed at Larry & Penny county park. It's nice and has decent spots. It's right behind the Zoo and you'll occasionally hear the lions roar. We do that so we're fresh and awake for the drive down through the keys and are able to arrive at our campground there earlier in the day.

In the Keys, we've only stayed at Bluewater Key resort. It's absolute luxury (with a price to go with it!). Be aware that December is considered peak season in the Keys and pricing reflects it.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
If doing Disney stay at Fort Wilderness when going to the park. Its worth it just to see the campground, if staying in the area for a while, I'd stay at the Fort the days you are going to do the park, and then elsewhere the rest of the time.
Central FL has lots of incredible natural springs that the manatees move into in the winter, it is worth the time to visit some of those if you can work it into the trip.
If you have the time the Keys are incredible, but you need to be booking sites now.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

If your traveling from CA to Disney World, you should stay at Fort Wilderness and experience Disney to the fullest !

If you are looking to NOT spend the money and stay outside Disney. make sure you factor in the $25.00 daily to park on Disney property

From there it's a short, 6 or 7 hour jump to The lower Keys..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet