Busdriver wrote:
Looking for campground in or around Watkins Glen around July 2021

Check out Havana Glen Park

about 10 minutes from Watkins Glen Gorge, small clean park

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
We did Watkins Glen SP & found a number of sites long enough to accommodate our 35'LOA 5er provided that one is happy hanging off the back of the site & unable to use rear stabilisers.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't need to be in Watkins proper,Sampson State Park is about twenty miles north. Once again electric only,but very large sites.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We've stayed at Clute a few times. FHU,50 amp. Easy walk to town or cross the street to the lake. Park is pretty much a flat field. Sites are large enough for our 43ft MH with a pickup as toad.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
The KOA is just up the road from the race track, it's a very nice park that was updated and expanded about ten years ago. A little pricey as most KOA's are.
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at the state park. Some of the sites are smallish, some are quite large indeed, and I don't recall anything about the road and the loop I was on being particularly tight for most any RV. Their maximum RV lengths in some cases seemed unnecessarily conservative (though probably not all cases). If memory serves, I stayed at site 292 which is advertised as a 30' site but in reality is huge.

For (many of) the New York public campgrounds, the campadk.com campsite photo database is a great resource.

I've nothing against the other campgrounds in the area--I just have no first-hand experience with them.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
If you are going to the wine festival then you may want to consider camping at the track.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Paradise Park Campground, Clute Park and Campground, Watkins Glen KOA and Watkins Glen State Park Campground are all near the Gorge and Race Track. I have only stayed at the Watkins Glen State Park Campground when I had a travel trailer. It's Electric only and it might be difficult to get in some sites with your 303RLS. You might be better off staying at one of the private campgrounds that are nearby.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.