cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCs and Covid Vaccinations

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Just a random (and wistful) thought: at first, we were going to load up the TC and camp our way to FL for the winter (we own a snowbird condo). A Tropical Storm was messing with our plans - so at the last minute we decided to hurry and beat the storm to FL, and left the TC at home 😞

Now, as we wait and hope to receive our Covid vaccinations - Volusia county to our north is vaccinating on a first-come/first served basis. People are lining up at 1 AM, hoping to score a shot administered at 8 AM. Sleeping/waiting in our camperless truck along with 2 dogs doesn't sound like fun....but if we had the TC along, I would give the FC/FS system a go! The TC would fit into a regular parking space, and offer us a comfy place to sleep, and a restroom, etc.

I'm just throwing that thought out there for the rest of you....
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!
62 REPLIES 62

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a nurse in Tuscumbia die this week from covid. She was in her 30's.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
d3500ram wrote:
.... - no one will ever force you to get vaccinated.

I would not bank on that statement. We are in a brave new world of constraints on freedom.

Wanna travel? Show us proof of vaccination.
Wanna go to school? Show us proof of vaccination.
Wanna shop in our store? Show us proof of vaccination.
Wanna be a part of society? Show us your papers.

I don't think it will come to that, because from what I've read, the Covid vaccine isn't a one-and-done like polio. More likely we'll be receiving vaccinations on a yearly basis. The Common Cold is a coronavirus and we surely don't build immunity after exposure to that 😞
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
BradW wrote:
Publix

They aren't using Publix in our county yet - but I'm hopeful!! I'm also registered as a customer of Walgreens, who is currently vaccinating people at assisted-care facilities. I figure sooner or later they will turn their attention to the general public when they have enough vaccine?

I am one who definitely wants the vaccine. Florida has the new UK Variant and probably all the others since we're such a tourist destination. All I hope for is that once vaccinated, my antibodies will recognize an "invader" and deal with it quickly.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Geewizard wrote:
And you'd understand that cancer is not a virus.

No, cancer isn't a virus - never said it was.

For those of you who think everyone should wear a mask why don't you buy and wear an N-95 mask and protect yourself.

While I do care for others your personal well being is not my responsibility.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
specta wrote:
d3500ram wrote:

I would not bank on that statement. We are in a brave new world of constraints on freedom.

Exactly.

Forced vaccinations? LOL, can you say black market? It'll explode with fake vaccination cards.

Someone brought up getting tested to whether one has already had Covid or not (reference health care workers and others believing they are immune}. Doesn't work; they figured out quite awhile ago that the antibodies wane over time.

Article from TRC reference antibody testing

One of our regular commentator's wrote about people who make choices other than what he thought was right as being ignorant about "other's wellbeing". And there you go; one's ideas and thoughts trump another persons rights and ideas. Can't do that in a free society; bad road to go down.

I have two folks I work and play with, both severely compromised. One, 60's, greatly overweight, bad heart, the other, 60's and severe diabetes. Both carry the attitude that it is their responsibility to protect themselves, not everyone else's. Neither sees any point to the rest of the world wearing a mask, shutting down their businesses, yanking the kids out of school and creating an entire generation of socially deleted, grownup basket cases. They protect themselves.
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:
d3500ram wrote:

Exactly.

LOL......exactly twice.

My brother in PA was telling me last night that the mayor of Pittsburgh is talking requiring all city employees to take the vaccine as a condition of employment. Dont take it, give up your job.

Also his mother in law is in a care home and is 93, she has yet to be able to get a shot as the state of PA is only about 40% completed with those high risk folks. Interestingly they have vaccinated 98% of the state prison population.

Line up for your tattoo and registration number.

Its not really going to matter much while you're standing in bread and soup lines. An additional $1400 handout to most, and extending UIC through Sept 2022 while tacking on an an additional $400 per week. Bend over folks, someone is going to pay for this financial suicide.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Imagine if the population didn’t vaccinate against Polio, Measles, Whooping Cough, Small Pox?

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:
pconroy328 wrote:

Well - there's one twist - Cancer isn't contagious. But like someone else said, anyone refusing just means I get to move up a spot in line.

Attitude, gratitude, hope and believing are all very powerful.

If my immune system can kill cancer I believe a virus doesn't stand a chance.

That is how a vaccine works , it trains the immune system to fight a particular invasion .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
specta wrote:
Ten years from now we'll be hearing commercials like this,

"If you received the Covid 19 vaccination between 2020 & 2021 you may be entitled to compensation." :B

If we're all still here in ten years you hit the nail on the head.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Ten years from now we'll be hearing commercials like this,

"If you received the Covid 19 vaccination between 2020 & 2021 you may be entitled to compensation." :B
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
d3500ram wrote:

Exactly.
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
pconroy328 wrote:

Well - there's one twist - Cancer isn't contagious. But like someone else said, anyone refusing just means I get to move up a spot in line.

Attitude, gratitude, hope and believing are all very powerful.

If my immune system can kill cancer I believe a virus doesn't stand a chance.

I guess I'm doing my part, kind of like doing a clinical trial.

What I do might just benefit someone else, like you. 😉
Kenny

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
No way to know where this goes, but I'm sure there will be certain activities that will require you to show proof of being vaccinated, airlines and cruise ships for example.....concerts and sporting events......but that's ok because there will still plenty of other things to do which won't require a vaccine, like rioting, looting and city burning...
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
I’m not at all against vaccinations, but proof of this one is well on its way to becoming the latest form of virtue signaling.

We may very well find our society with a new, permanent underclass of “untouchables” soon.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!