cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bay Of Fundy / Nova Scotia

HydrogenCyanide
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some recommendations on campgrounds in this region of the East Coast. We are looking to explore a little over 10 days and stay 3-4 days at 3 different places.

Looking for places with lots to see and lots to do.

Thanks
Marc
14 REPLIES 14

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crowe wrote:
DavidandDayle wrote:
If you go around the Cabot Trail, go clockwise. That puts you in the lane farther from the sea. There is one (at least) steep downhill.
Based on our trip about 45 years ago.

Ok, I'll bite-why would you want to be "farther from the sea"?

To avoid the screams of the passenger as they look down the drop offs on the passenger side.

Really, it is not that bad. I'll take drop offs of mountain driving to lunatic city drivers any day.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
DavidandDayle wrote:
If you go around the Cabot Trail, go clockwise. That puts you in the lane farther from the sea. There is one (at least) steep downhill.

Ok, I'll bite-why would you want to be "farther from the sea"?

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

DavidandDayle
Explorer
Explorer
David and Dayle

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has always wanted to see the land of "Anne of Green Gables". Years ago we made the attempt, but had to cut trip short due to other family obligations, so never even made it over the border.
Fall of 2019, we started out from Minn. again, but food poisoning turned us back. And there was that hurricane that came ashore right at the CG we had booked for that night....
Rebooked for last early summer, but everything shut down. One CG would not refund, but we have a credit waiting.
Things are looking poor for this next summer, also....

I'm pretty sure "Anne" is pulling out all the stops to prevent us from ever taking this trip.....
2012 F150 Eco, 4x4, SCrew, Max Tow, HD Payload
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Going back to that area is our Plan A as well however hope is fading for the border to be open. The closure keeps on getting extended.

We want to go back to Newfoundland & be there for at least a month.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
While not in Nova Scotia, Hopewell Rocks is a great place to view the tide change.

My Visit to Hopewell Rocks

Very nice website!!!
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
vermilye wrote:
While not in Nova Scotia, Hopewell Rocks is a great place to view the tide change.

Thanks!! Our original itinerary had us camping at Cape Breton Highlands -Broad Cove CG in our 5th wheel for about 5 nights, but two of those nights we'd leave the 5er behind to tent it at Meat Cove.

Unfortunately the Covid has postponed it. Canada at least has been fair in stating our Parks Canada pass will not expire until a year after this pandemic is "over." I've also read that the Maritime Provinces even have travel bans to Canadians. We've never been up there, just patiently waiting for the green light to go.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Bob806 wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
โ€œIngonish Beach Campground was awesome.โ€ X2

Have any of you gone up to Meat Cove on Cape Breton? It looks amazing too.

Been there, even got the "T" shirt. The campground overlooks the bay -

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
Lunenburg Campground Not much except it's right in town. You can walk and explore the entire town from here.

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lwiddis wrote:

Have any of you gone up to Meat Cove on Cape Breton? It looks amazing too.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Second on Fundy National Park-it's in New Brunswick, not Nova Scotia, but it's a great stopover point. Our favorite is Point Wolfe campground in Fundy but it's only good for tents and small units. Headquarters Campground has full hook-ups if you want them. It's been a while since we've been in NS but if I remember correctly Ingonish Beach Campground was awesome. There are multiple campgrounds in Cape Breton National Park as well as other parks on the island.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
We had plans to do that last summer, unfortunately the border isn't open to travelers. If they open it up, we'll use the same type of plans- Fundy National Park (Chignecto loop), Five Islands Provincial Park. Those two will give you different views, and some awesome scenery.