Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Firman Generator
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Firman Generator

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/21 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MRC54 wrote:

I have two still in the box sitting in the garage. Leaving on our full time adventure May 1.

Costco provides lifetime returns on everything they sell, except for electronics (TV's, laptops, etc). Per Costco, generators do not count as electronics.

Gotta love Costco!

All well and good until you get to campsite and find out that your Costco gen fails to work..

Then what do you do?

Pack up and leave?

Stay and not have power?

Drive a long ways out of your way to only find the closest store does not carry or have your gen?

Just plain mind blowing that anyone would buy something and let it sit in a box for months or years before taking it out of the box and go to use it.

Lifetime warranty is also only works if there IS a "replacement" on hand at the store, forever.. Stores like Costco and Sam's clubs change brands often and also discontinue carrying certain brands or even categories of products.. Store will have most difficult time fullfilling a lifetime warranty if they cannot get said item or stock said item..

MRC54

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/21 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Either you're not a Costco member or you've never returned anything. In my experience, Costco always refunds the purchase price. Your statement "Lifetime warranty only works if there is a replacement at the store" is incorrect.

My generators will be open and running long before I leave.

* This post was edited 01/16/21 08:08pm by MRC54 *

2021 Keystone Alpine 3712KB
2009 Sierra 3500 DRW

Full timing starting May 1

Poppy2003

Lake Anna, winter storage.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/21 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MRC54 wrote:

I have two still in the box sitting in the garage. Leaving on our full time adventure May 1.

Costco provides lifetime returns on everything they sell, except for electronics (TV's, laptops, etc). Per Costco, generators do not count as electronics.

Gotta love Costco!

Appreciate your response , yes Costco does stand by its products, so I'm going to leave it in the box and will only load it in RV when we ready to hit the road. We are planning on visiting all National Parks this summer God willing. Good luck in your travels.

KMLsquared

Cotati CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/21 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FYI: My buddy just bought a firman from costco. The first one had cracked plastic on each end of the lifting handle. He returned it and they sent a new one. It too had tiny cracks starting to form near the handle again. Then when started and broken in, it is not running smoothly. Surging under light to no-load conditions. We are gonna use it this weekend and if it doesn't smooth out its going back again.

Edit: this is the 3200/2900 dual fuel model.

2002 Doge RAM LB QC 4x4 HO 6spd
2003 Rampage 33TB
2007 CRF80F
2006 TTR50E
2004 CRF70
2002 TTR125L
2002 Banshee
1969 Baja Bug

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Firman Generator
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.