cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SeeLevel tank monitors

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has anyone upgraded to Seelevel tank monitors. Link.
Our coach has the 4 light system, which drives me nuts. Read very good reviews about the Seelevel system, but haven't heard from any actual people that upgraded. (I don't totally trust most reviews posted on the web.
thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
6 REPLIES 6

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ray on the Love Your RV u tube channel did a detailed video of installing SeeLevel monitors.

My current camper came with the system.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, I did. I will never go back to the old school 4 light system.

As long as you have access to your tanks, you are good. You need to stick the new sensors to the side of the tanks.

I bought my system at the ABQ, NM FMCA rally back in about 2010 I think.

My See Level Tank Monitors

When I sold my truck camper, I kept the display panel to install in my new truck camper. I will need to buy new sensors though.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

12thgenusa
Explorer
Explorer
Great system. Mine's eight years old.

2007 Tundra DC 4X4 5.7, Alcan custom rear springs, 2009 Cougar 245RKS, 370 watts ET solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron SmartSolar 100/30, 200AH LiP04 bank, ProWatt 2000.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
put them on my outback 10 years ago. One of the best things I did.

The one downside of the sealevel gauge is that the sensors assume a rectangular tank to determine level. so, more than likely the fresh tank level reading will be spot on. But the black/grey tanks, usually having an odd shape and slope will read somewhat odd. 0% will be empty, 100% near full depending on sensor placement, but in between will be off. What I did was fill the black and grey tanks using a flow meter on the hose and then made a chart showing remaining capacity vs. % readout. As an example, at 50% full on the black/grey was really closer to 30% full.

Install is easy, uses the same wiring as the common KIB system, Mine is the system with 4 tanks, fresh, two grey and black along with a switch for the water pump.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I've installed SeeLevel sensor strips and displays on seven RV's so far, including two of my own. I've been very satisfied with the performance and the more accurate percentage readings. If the tanks are reasonably accessible, sensor installation is quite easy using the existing wiring. The display installation depends on what you currently have and how much you want to modify it. Most of my installs have been to replace the common KIB systems used by many RV manufacturers, and I was able to gut the existing displays to use them as a base for the smaller SeeLevel display.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
garmp wrote:
Has anyone upgraded to Seelevel tank monitors. Link.
Our coach has the 4 light system, which drives me nuts. Read very good reviews about the Seelevel system, but haven't heard from any actual people that upgraded. (I don't totally trust most reviews posted on the web.
thanks

Not yet but I am buying a set up for the truck camper as it haevel indications for the three tanks whats so ever. I have hear nothing but good things about them though, but other than that Im in the same boat as you.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100