cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Renogy 40amp dc charger

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Can anybody tell me how to connect the D+ wire having not sure how to insert it.. Also the dip switches should the 1 and 5 be up and the rest down for lithium battery
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help. I am having trouble inserting the D+ wire into charger can anyone help with that.

I do have a solenoid so I like the idea of attaching D+ wire to input side of charger

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
SW5 is definitely OFF (Up) for Lithium battery
SW3 and SW4 are therefore set to ON (Down) to disregard float voltage
SW2 and SW1 set the bulk or constant voltage for your battery, so if you are needing to set 14.4 volts, then yes, SW1 would be OFF (Up) and SW2 would be ON (Down)

Wow! I donโ€™t like DIP switches where ON is down, and I really donโ€™t like Renogyโ€™s instructions for installing the charger. :W :B
I can understand why it might be hard to understand. :h

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
The D+ wire simply needs to be connected to a switched 12v source that is only hot when the ignition is on. If the circuit feeding the input side of the charger is only active when the ignition is on, you can connect the D+ wire to that as well. If the input circuit to the charger is hot all the time, youโ€™ll need to find a circuit thatโ€™s switched on when the ignition is on.

The instructions include this caution which is 100% correct. I would recommend running the D+ wire through a manual switch, or running the input circuit to the charger through a constant-duty solenoid that is on a manual switch so you have control over when the charger will be on. You donโ€™t want the charger to be on unless the alternator is producing power.

I had forgotten that when I installed my Redarc charger that I put the input circuit on a solenoid that is connected to one of the upfitter switches in the truck. The switch stays on most of the time, as itโ€™s purpose is to prevent the DC-DC charger from turning on in the rare instance that I need to have the ignition switched on but the engine not running.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!