cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery origin

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
Had to to replace the start H5 mb battery in my smart car toad. Walmart has an everstart 5 yr warranty MADE IN SPAIN. never seen that before?
10 REPLIES 10

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
My Walmart starting battery in my MH lasted 9 years. My Walmart batteries in my tow car only last 3-4 years which were replaced twice under warranty. The difference I charged my starting battery in the MH whenever the House batteries reached 80 % SOC. The tow car was charged just with the alternator. Having said that Walmart, Costco, and Sams Club change who they buy from over the years and there have been a lot of reports on here of premature failures of Costco batteries in recent years. The batteries you bought 10 years ago and got good service from may be an entirely different brand today.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Best automotive battery I have encountered so far. In Mar of 2018 I bought a RAM 2500 truck built on Jan 3, 2003. When I bought it, it still had the original Damiler-Chrysler labeled batteries in it (they appeared to be the "green eye" Delco/Delphi maintenance free batteries, with the green eye covered by the label.) I got good maintenance records on the truck and given the batteries labeling and the records, I had no reason to think these were not the original 15 year batteries. That Cummins did crank with some hesitation, and that was the first money I spent was for two new Bosch AGM batteries for the truck.

I have used the Delco maintenance free batteries for years, and got good service, typically 8 or 9 years. They are too expensive now and don't have the reliability they used to.

I have a Advance Auto Platinum AGM group 49 battery in my shop that came out of my WBO MH in 2017, It is a 2011 date code battery and I changed it prior to a long trip. It still works and I recently used it to start a borrowed Ford 4000 tractor, and it worked just fine. Batteries hold up better than they used to.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
The Walmart Everstart battery I put in the wife's Chevy Traverse about 5 years ago is one of the best batteries I ever bought. Go for it
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have used battereies from several companies... Most are good. Only had two die within the warranty period... Of course one of those the warranty was "lifetime" It lasted a good long time (From 1977 to my Brother's 2nd wedding. I kind of forget when that was but the rehearsal was the day it died)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
tarnold wrote:
Well, it does have a 3 year replacement/ 2 year prorated.

Yes, they did replace the batteries, but after sandblasting and painting battery trays and two destroyed windshield washer pumps, I had enough.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
used wal mart batteries in, lake erie boats ,,rv,s,, farm trucks ,,inland boats. never in 30yrs have have one die. but I do good service on my equipt.

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it does have a 3 year replacement/ 2 year prorated.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently the Walmart buyers will go to the ends of the earth to save a dime on their product offerings. I suspect that they really beat on the battery suppliers and may explain why I had multiple battery failures. I won't buy another.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Both Marshall and Johnson Controls have plants in Spain. Johnson Controls has had battery plants there for over 40 years. I think Exide makes the Walmart batteries now and they have operations in about 80 countries around the world.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015