cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reservations in California

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
Planning to go to California in April if possible. The CGs don't seem to be taking reservations due to the state Covid restrictions. How are others dealing with this?
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee
9 REPLIES 9

Cordelia
Explorer
Explorer
I just made reservations in April for Prairie Creek Redwoods SP. Patrick's point is also available online. Other SP on the north coast are FCFS until mid May. Yes I maybe canceled by the state.
Gordon
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD L/B E/C D/A 4x4
2003 Eagle Cap 950 Loaded

salem
Explorer
Explorer
The privately owned RV park we stay in on the central coast frequently has restricted stays to a minimum of 14 days. Supposed to keep down on traveling, although during our last stay a couple of weeks ago management was allowing people who were just passing through to stay a couple of nights. Our kids had to cancel their stay with us over the New Years holidays because neither could take two weeks off. Being retired, it didn't effect our stay though. Like the others have said, call ahead to make sure you can find a place.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
MarkTwain wrote:
hotjag1 wrote:
About a month ago we made reservations for late April at CA state parks. One is at Refugio beach near Santa Barbara, and the other at Pismo Beach. They accepted my reservations and took my money. Haven't heard anything about them being cancelled, so far.

Refugio Park had room for your 40' RV????

They told me if I could fit in a site and not block any part of the road then they were okay with it. Since we have been there several times before I knew which sites we could fit in and not be near the edge of the pavement.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
hotjag1 wrote:
About a month ago we made reservations for late April at CA state parks. One is at Refugio beach near Santa Barbara, and the other at Pismo Beach. They accepted my reservations and took my money. Haven't heard anything about them being cancelled, so far.

Refugio Park had room for your 40' RV????

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
Most rv parks are open just call and talk to them. X2 with MarkTwain and LA or any big city. We go to the central coast area.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Land Yachters wrote:
Planning to go to California in April if possible. The CGs don't seem to be taking reservations due to the state Covid restrictions. How are others dealing with this?

Are you talking about Caif. State parks or Private RV parks. Just call the Private RV parks directly. Calif. state parks are limited to RV 's 30' long and have always been a PIA make reservations. Personal opinion, I would not go within a 100 miles of Los Angeles:(

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
State CG will probably stay closed until the pandemic is over or a minimum, controlled.

Even the county CG's are closed but I've noticed many RV's on the road headed in all different directions. Don't know where they're headed though.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Some California State Parks are open for day use but none are open for camping. Likewise all National Forests in California are closed to camping. Monterey city and county campgrounds are closed for instance. What the future holds is speculation.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad