cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Updated and solved...Door lock Trimark 30-1050/030-2650

DaCarmack
Explorer
Explorer
Edit for clarity. 030-1050 is the original door handle/lock. Trimark shows 030-2650 as its replacment. unable to find either for sale on the internet.

Good day every one.

Its be sometime sense I've been on here. (2010 is my last PM I found)

Ive looked High and low for those lock in the Subject matter(30-1050/030-2650). This is for a 2004 Coachmen Concord. I can find 060-1650 all day long same with T507. Google shows everything but want I need.

Will/does a 060-1650 fit a in the spot for 30-1050/030-2650?

Thanks for all you assistance

Doug
2005 Coachmen Concord 275ds
31 REPLIES 31

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Gary is correct that you do not want to slam the door closed. It is best to operate the latch, push door closed and release latch.
Same holds true for compartment latches as well. Just because they are called slam latches doesn't mean they will last very long doing that.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

DaCarmack
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Gjac

I was pretty disappointing too especially with the cost of the darn thing. And I do push on the door before unlocking it, but it's a good tip for somebody else to see

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
That is what I was afraid off. It will likely break again, the latch itself if very weak. One thing you can do to extend the life is push in on the door before opening it and the latch won't rub taking some pressure of of it.

DaCarmack
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Gjac.

The dead bolt is not Magnetic

DaCarmack
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Gjac.

I'm out of town on a trucking job so give me to the weekend hopefully I remember and I'll give it a shot

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
DaCarmack wrote:
Hi Gjac,

Im sorry I have no idea.
An easy way to tell is put a magnetic on it, if it sticks its steel, if not it is the zinc alloy.

DaCarmack
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Gjac,

Im sorry I have no idea.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good job, tnx. for the info and link.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for updating us. Can you tell if the latch itself is steel or just the zinc alloy like the original?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the update! Safe travels!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

DaCarmack
Explorer
Explorer
This is the lock but I'm sure you can find it cheaper on Amazon or other places.

https://www.rvlock.com/collections/frontpage/products/class-c

DaCarmack
Explorer
Explorer
Updated and solved. I tried The Coachman route and they say go to their suppliers. So I sent one off an email that's closest to me which was I think Sacramento or Fresno. They never replied. (Coachmen didn't reply about the receiver hitch either). So just by luck I saw RV lock keyless handles had a deal on refurbished ones. Their website showed a picture that matched what I had on that RV. I think it's called the class A Class C lock. I paid about $154 instead of 260 plus for it.

While it fits there is a little bit of shaving of the deadbolt I had to do to make it lock properly. But besides that it works great finally glad to have this over. Thank you all that replied and contributed to this post I hope it will help somebody else out in the future. I will leave a link in the post under this one for the lock

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Canโ€™t an โ€œRV Designerโ€ steel lock be used ?

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
DaCarmack wrote:
Good day everyone.

I will be emailing Coachman to see if they have a remedy for this I will keep everybody up to date for future reference for somebody else.
Someone one on here posted Trimark came out with a new lock with a steel latch but the price was another $100 more than the original made from the zinc alloy. Ask if they know anything about the improved latch or if a more reasonably price one other than Trimark which will fit. Good Luck.