cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is the best way to deal with snail mail?

Fstmvrerik
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have sold our stick and brick house and are relocating to Florida, our house will not be done till late June. I travel for work, but in short stays covering long distances, logistics of getting a work truck and tool trailer moved prohibit moving the TT moved as frequently.

The current plan is to park the camper near Wichita Ks. till mid March, then move to Tifton Ga. (my next work site) for several months, then moving the camper to Punta Gorda Fl. till our house is completed.

What would be the best method of dealing with snail mail when we are bouncing around the country?

Thanks for any help
Erik
6 REPLIES 6

learntorv
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
There are several mail forwarding companies in Florida that work well for full and part-time RV'ers. Since you plan to end up in Florida anyway, establishing your domicile there now would make things like vehicle licensing and insuring a little easier later on. One of the more popular services is "St. Brendanโ€™s Isle"

The suggestions of reducing the amount of physical mail is a good one. But you can't eliminate it and you'll need somewhere to establish your residency/domicile. I've used St. Brendan's Isle for the past 5 years and highly recommend them.

Let the collect your mail. They'll scan envelopes which usually gives you a good indication of what things are. Anything that you need right away, they can scan. And then every so often (for us, it was about every 45-60 days), we would have them mail a package of our mail to us.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Convert on-going bills to Banking On-Line
Go to paperless statements and E-Bills
Set up the Domicile/Mail Forwarding ....check out Escapees (Originally in TX then they opened services in SD & FL)
Select TYPE of service you want

When we set up our 'address' when we hit the road back in 2007 we eliminated virtually ALL snail mail ---Except friends/family that sent letters/cards etc and one financial institute that would send quarterly info
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Use a Fl based service, and as mentioned above, go ahead and change the domicile. Save 6 months of state taxes.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Best is to eliminate it...We get maybe 1 piece every coupe months that isn't junk mail.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
There are several mail forwarding companies in Florida that work well for full and part-time RV'ers. Since you plan to end up in Florida anyway, establishing your domicile there now would make things like vehicle licensing and insuring a little easier later on. One of the more popular services is "St. Brendanโ€™s Isle"
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Not a direct answer to your question, but something that might help. If you still plan on getting mail at home (with someone picking it up, etc) one thing that might be helpful is to subscribe to Informed Delivery through the USPS. While they don't show you what is in the envelope, you can see when you receive a bill or other piece of mail & use the phone to find the amount, letting you pay it on line.