cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside Speakers

Loganhorse
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 Magnadyne WR40W and a Jensen 970 media cetner. What would be some decent replacement speakers? Not much out there for that size.
2010 Coachman Freedom Express M-291 QBS
11 REPLIES 11

dedmiston
I just deleted another one.

Keep 'em on-topic please. It's not that hard. Answer the OP's question or keep scrolling.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Loganhorse
Explorer
Explorer
JKJavelin wrote:
I installed some Polk marine speakers, along with base pods that angle them downward somewhat. Much better than original though need more bottom end. Waiting for an excuse to replace the head unit.
Note: I am very discreet with outside usage.

Mine have a bezel too.
2010 Coachman Freedom Express M-291 QBS

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
I installed some Polk marine speakers, along with base pods that angle them downward somewhat. Much better than original though need more bottom end. Waiting for an excuse to replace the head unit.
Note: I am very discreet with outside usage.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
measure the speaker diameter and depth and call Crutchfield at:1 844 803 9621. You can also try E Trailer https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=RV+speakers&furl=-pg-Marine_Speakers

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
My 19 Rockwood is all Furrion A/V. I have never heard of them before and I'm an old dude too...

Anyway, it all works and for the sound level I keep mine set to, it's just fine.. I set my outside speakers to a volume that we can hear them under the awning, but you can't hear them from outside the site.

I have more issues with other campers outside lights than their tunes... Why do you need your outside lights on all night long?? I finally got some black out curtains but forget about any star gazing...

Sorry for the rant..

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

dedmiston
My outdoor speakers have been a problem since day one, and now they're all torn and damaged from the weather. I was considering replacing them in a few months, but Santa brought me a sweet sweet Bluetooth setup. Problem solved.

And yes, it's very possible to use outdoor speakers without being a jerk. Step #1 is to not camp near anyone.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
I deleted the responses from all the pearl-clutchers.

Please keep the responses on-topic, regardless of your opinion of outdoor speakers.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
I dont like outside speakers for the potential of a water leak. The only saving grace is the fact they are usually mounted under the awning and so they are reasonably protected. You would think that nowdays, manufacturers would simply expect you to use a bluetooth speaker of your choice. Me, I don't listen to anything. If it wasn't a hassle, I'd remove the radio and install a drawer in its place.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced the cheap outside speakers on our trailer with these PolyPlanar MA-905 marine speakers. The challenge is getting a decent speaker that will fit in the thin wall of an RV.

I mounted these so that the woofer sat in the hole from the factory speaker and they fit perfectly. Decent frequency response (55hz on the low end) and plenty of capacity. I added a Kenwood 200W power amp with speaker-level inputs after the factory head unit and you could hear these halfway down the beach!

You can get them for a good price on Amazon.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
KD4UPL wrote:
Jensen is about as low end as you can get for speakers. Just about anything would be an improvement. I would get anything rated as a marine speaker from Alpine, Kicker, JBL, or Infinity. If you want something really high end the best marine speakers are made by JL Audio and Wet Sounds but expect to pay a lot of money for them.

Jensen is about as low end as you can get for any electronics with Furrion a close 2nd.

I always get a good chuckle when RVers mention how much they like their Jensen or Furrion entertainment equipment in their rigs. They obviously have never had the opportunity to see or use any quality equipment.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Jensen is about as low end as you can get for speakers. Just about anything would be an improvement. I would get anything rated as a marine speaker from Alpine, Kicker, JBL, or Infinity. If you want something really high end the best marine speakers are made by JL Audio and Wet Sounds but expect to pay a lot of money for them.