cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NORCOLD N7V - Red Light When On Gas

LVNRRV
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Norcold N7V that is showing a red light when changing to gas mode. The unit is about 1.5 yrs old and we run it on AC 99% of the time. I decided to test the gas mode and the red error light continuously comes on. After switching back to AC, the error goes back to green.
The pilot is lighting the flame as it should when the AC is removed and then cutting the flame when the AC is restored.

I know it worked at one point as I tested it when we purchased the travel trailer.

I researched the issue in the troubleshooting but there is not a solution for all the components working but giving a red error light.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Norcolds built in the past 2 or 3 years have a problem with BAD logic in the rear control boards. ALL different types of failures and problems. You need to have it checked out at a Norcold Service center. Hopefully you are under Norcold's warranty. Once the Tech checks out the Norcold and talks to Norcold, odds are Norcold will send a replacement Board. Doug

Norcold warranty is 2 years.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Norcold N7V Service Manual

Pg 15
*If the power ON/indicator light is solid RED, there is a problem and the refrigerator is not cooling. Refer to "Fault Codes N7V and N8V Models" section.

Pg 17. Fault Codes
Should none of the heat source inputs be available, the poser ON/indicating light will be solid RED.

Solid RED see Fault Code Pg 18.
Possible Cause:
120VAC not available. Refrigerator defaulted to propane gas operation, but did not establish a flame (Gas Lockout)

So are you SURE the Flame is lighting off and STAYING Lit??
*No pilot flame....main flame is ignited by spark electrode

Flow Chart goes thru ALL the steps to check (AC & GAS) if solid RED Fault Light

IF you do in fact have solid RED AND the Main Flame IS ON/Stays ON then try GAS MANUAL MODE Pg 15 *2nd Priority Mode

IF Flame is ON/Stays ON with solid RED Fault Light on then unplug Communication wire between Upper and Lower Boards which is the Blu/BL at Pin 14 (16 pin connector n Lower Board) Unplug/replug that 16 pin connector

Wiring Diagram on Pg.55
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold_polar_n_series.pdf

Gas Flame ON & Red Light ON........communication issue between upper/lower boards
Red Light ON and GAS FAILS....New Gas Valve Train (the WHOLE assembly...no individual parts)

Also check the Diagnostic Mode Screen 4 (Stored Faults)----- Pg 51
And Screen 8 (Power Board Outputs) when ON Gas ---- Pg 52
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31