cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stowaway alternative?

rlb8s
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a stowaway alternative for I want to securely carry two golf bags and would like them not to get wet. I had a stowaway on a previous class B and it wasn't watertight - plus it wasn't big enough to hold golf clubs.

I am looking at 60 inch aluminum tool chest from home depot or tracker supply to attach to a cargo carrier. Who has done this and were you happy with the results? Was it water tight? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks.
12 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity - named E-Pod
05 GMC 3500 SRW Crew Cab LB
10 Bass Cat Puma w/ 250 Mercury ProXS

Previous RVs -
14 Livin Lite 8.6
13 Pleasure-Way Lexor TS Class B
13 Tioga Montara 25K Class C
09 Lance 915 Truck Camper
3 REPLIES 3

rlb8s
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I am going with the swing away frame and a chest tool box like the one retraite linked to. Thanks.
12 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity - named E-Pod
05 GMC 3500 SRW Crew Cab LB
10 Bass Cat Puma w/ 250 Mercury ProXS

Previous RVs -
14 Livin Lite 8.6
13 Pleasure-Way Lexor TS Class B
13 Tioga Montara 25K Class C
09 Lance 915 Truck Camper

retraite
Explorer
Explorer
rib8s,

Well, I don't play golf, so I don't need 60 inches wide, but I do mount a UWS aluminum carrier to our rear hitch, and then mount a "made to fit" UWS tool box in/on the carrier. It's tight - never had a leak.

Here's the link of the tool chest. You can see the carrier in the images. I got mine from etrailer.com.

I also added tail lights to the carrier as well as a backup camera. JIC.

Cheers.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
years back I saw a fiberglass carrier that went into the receiver and was tall and could hold one or two bicycles. had wheels so you could remove it from RV and wheel to big tree or something to chain it to. I think if was German made??
bumpy