cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

20AMP Furnace Fuse

pcguilford
Explorer
Explorer
I returned to my camper after being gone for 5 days - 9 hour trip from TN to LA. While I was gone the power did go out (microwave clock was flashing 0:00). When I opened the door, I looked at thermostat to see what temp was and it was blank. I pulled the cover (coleman mach digital t-stat) and fuse was good. Checked the CB panel and nothing tripped and then got a little nervous. Pulled out meter to try and compare t-stat but wasn't sure which was hot/ground wire. Called Tech Support from Camping World and he said Red and Blue. Bedroom read 13V, living room read 4V. He asked, did you check your fuse panel. When I took off the panel, the 20amp Furnace fuse had blown. I replaced, turned on furnace and AC and ran over night with no issues. Any thoughts on why it would possibly blow? Never had any issues with the exception of recently hearing a ticking noise after it stops blowing hot air and maybe for about a min after the entire system shuts down. Blower comes on, igniter on (blows heat), flame off for cool down (can faintly hear tick noise when I put my head by vent), system shut down (hear tick noise in multiple vents and exhaust outside). It is not loud and has not specific time frame in between tick noises. Not sure of the brand, it is under bath room close to water heater behind temp wall in storage area.
2009 Jayco Eagle 345BHS
2 REPLIES 2

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree. the ticking noise is the system cooling off, or heating up. but you prolly can't hear that for the blower noise
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Low voltage associated with the power off condition is a possibility. Or short, bad fuse, etc.

Ticking noise could be the furnace cooling off.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob