cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

best propane hoses

obie311
Explorer
Explorer
In preparation for my Spring work, I'm going to replace my propane hoses. They're going on 7th year and are getting hard. I don't seem to smell any leaks but o-rings don't last forever and DW is paranoid about propane.

There's Camco of course and lots of stuff on Amazon, but I'd prefer to buy American if possible. Any info, pro or con, on propane hoses you have purchased and put into service would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like the Cavagna brand as they have superior crimps.

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
I got the steel braided lines with built in gauge off amazon. Around $25 for two of them. Just make sure you get the correct threads. Mine was the 1/4" inverted style.

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Go to an LP equipment supplier and get quality rubber hoses made. I did that in the 90s and my hoses are still in great shape.
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
When i get new ones i will definitely get the staineless braided ones. Squarles are my arch enemy and seem to take great pride in eating the ones i have for the portable grill and firepit. Those are stainless now and they cant chew/ or dont want to chew through them.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
The best propane hoses are not made of soy-based rubber which rodents seem to think is food and also seem to like the buzz they get when the propane starts leaking thru the hole they just made.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lynnmor wrote:
Have hoses made at a local propane dealer to avoid the cheap imported stuff.

X2
I do this most of the time! I had an older 5er with the two 30# tanks on a slide out tray with a looped supply line to accommodate the tray movement. Old hose was stiff and kinked, took to local propane distributor and the shop made a replacement at a very reasonable cost.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Have hoses made at a local propane dealer to avoid the cheap imported stuff.

ronharmless
Explorer
Explorer
Marshall Clicky