Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: It's a wonderful day: COVID vaccinations
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> It's a wonderful day: COVID vaccinations

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/21 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

its a great day and is getting better as we go on. We were able to get on a covid 19 vaccine list and expect to get the first one next week. That means that after the second one we can get out of the house a little more while practicing safety measures. Just in time for the mutation. Our area is right at the 10% positive rate.

Wish everyone who wants the shots can get them sooner rather than later.

* This post was edited 01/23/21 01:08pm by an administrator/moderator *

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/21 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No vaccine available in our area. [emoticon]

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/21 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from General RVing

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/21 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Things are getting better every day. There have been a few minor hiccups but we are closing in on 1 million doses per day average.

Given that the vaccinations are primarily focused on the 65+ crowd and the average death/hospitalization is in the 80's, we can expect a drastic drop in the cases with major implications within the next 2-3 months.

By mid-year, I expect a lot of the restrictions to start dropping away with international travel opening by fall on a country by country basis as other nations catch up to us.

Given a typical vaccine takes 10yrs to start distribution and 2-3yrs was the optimistic estimate early on...10 months in with more than 15 million jabs completed, is GREAT NEWS!!!!

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/21 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are going to let this thread run for a while and see how it goes. It may be a good place for 'general' comments (non-scientific in a way) related to the process of individuals receiving their vaccinations, reactions to them, etc. We all understand there are 'issues' to be resolved in the distribution. On a personal note, my spouse and I have had our first round and next week will receive our second. The sooner we can all get vaccinated the sooner the better.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/21 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never thought I'd be happy to be diabetic but that plus the bout of heart failure I had and being prone to asthma from viruses put me in the next phase of shots (1B as it's called here) despite only being 60. Because my husband also gets asthma and has a heart condition he also got bumped up on the list. Phase 1B starts next week but they are starting with 65-74 year olds first. Aged 75+ have already been inoculated as well as first responders, LTC facilities and a few more. NH is back to 100% capacity but with social distance rules in place. Once both hubby and I get shots we are going out to dinner!!!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

DancinCampers

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/21 01:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here on the westbank outside of New Orleans we received an email from the hospital where we get most of our medical care when in town. Said we were eligible and a phone number to call. Was surprised they picked right up when I called, and we are both going to receive our shots together, first one next week, second one 21 days later.

We will see how smooth the process goes.

Dan & Sharon (Kasey, Our Yorkie, RIP 9Jan'05-26Jul'17)
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M
2006 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox Aventa II, SMI Silent Partner

If You Obey All The Rules, You Miss All The Fun

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/21 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wish Michigan would get going! I am almost 84 with numerous heart and other issues and have not even had a notice to make an appointment yet. Maybe I'll just drive down and give Moderator a visit. [emoticon]
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/21 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Come on down Barney. Unfortunately our state as a whole, has not been as organized as it should be. Fortunately, Putnam County Health Services has done an Excellent job in organizing; surrounding counties are still having significant problems getting their act together. Here is hoping you get yours soon!!!

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/21 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarneyS wrote:

I wish Michigan would get going! I am almost 84 with numerous heart and other issues and have not even had a notice to make an appointment yet. Maybe I'll just drive down and give Moderator a visit. [emoticon]
Barney

Just got an appointment 1/2hr ago for Sunday morning. We are from Michigan but down in South Texas for the winter.

At this point, they have more people wanting the vaccine than available doses, so you have to go online and find a sign up place online while they have openings. I had been popping onto the local hospitals site every hour or two while doing other things and it kept saying they didn't have any available appointments...then suddenly it sent me to the sign up page. Got appointments for both of us but 5min later I checked and it was back to not having any appointments available.

I expect in 2-3 weeks, they will have plowed thru much of the 65+ crowd and it will get easier to get an appointment (plus there are 2 more vaccines expected to be approved by then increasing supply) but if you want it quicker, you have to take the initiative. I'm betting Michigan is similar.

PS: Someone mentioned going out to dinner after they get the vaccine. I assume they meant to say in 2-3 weeks after getting it. For all practical purposes, the day you get the vaccine, it hasn't provided any level of immunity.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> It's a wonderful day: COVID vaccinations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.