cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tv's not receiving cable or antenna signal

hellbird503
Explorer
Explorer
Everything was working fine, then yesterday neither tv is receiving a signal from the cable or antenna. Tightened every cable I could see, no help. I would appreciate some help. Thank you
2012 F350 Diesel Dually
2008 NuWa Hitchhiker Discover America 35ft
7 REPLIES 7

hellbird503
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the suggestion, I think you are right
2012 F350 Diesel Dually

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest the Winegard Sensar 4 (aka Batwing) which is considered the best RV antenna.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

hellbird503
Explorer
Explorer
ok, update, after 2 days the park notified us the cable was out, I should have checked. Did get some channels via the antenna on one tv. Bottom line is this antenna stinks, not near as good as the Winegard on my last unit. I used to get a lot more stations here at the same location. I guess I need to invest in a better antenna. Thanks everyone for your help. Dave
2012 F350 Diesel Dually

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Take that same cable and TV to a different site and test again. Assuming nobody else in the park is having problems, I would suspect the cable.

hellbird503 wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I have run channel searches on both tvs, for both antenna and cable, nothing. They do run through a splitter and the antenna booster. I even removed the antenna booster and checked the cables going into it. I also ran the cable from the campground directly into one tv, nothing.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok, first you did not remove the booster you removed the power inserter.

your OTA antenna booster is in the antenna
Now if neither OTA nor Park cable come through... It is likely the wall plate. BUT...
if only one (Park cable or OTA antenna) does not work it gets a tad more complex.

One issue, though I'd be surprised if this covered both TV's at one time... Is the crimp on connectors.. A good sneeze and they come off... if they have "Slipped" a bit then the center wire might not make contact..
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

hellbird503
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your reply. I have run channel searches on both tvs, for both antenna and cable, nothing. They do run through a splitter and the antenna booster. I even removed the antenna booster and checked the cables going into it. I also ran the cable from the campground directly into one tv, nothing.
2012 F350 Diesel Dually

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try running a channel scan on both TVs again, maybe a power loss or something caused them to lose channel memory. Not sure if they run through splitters or other devices before signal reaches TVs, if possible connect signal directly. Good luck, I know my DW would be in panic mode without her TV programs, of course I would miss my sports as well.