Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Unnecessary Warnings Shown on Products
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Unnecessary Warnings Shown on Products

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

California proposition warnings are pretty bad. They are everywhere. The very first warning I ever saw was back in 1957 in California. About asparagus. Pancreatic and liver cancer.

Some people became suspicious. It was reported that a railroad train car would have to be consumed monthly for years to cause the chance of cancer. That took the bloom off the rose of warnings from California.

When I contacted the assemblyman whose state bill prohibits the importation and sale of manual battery chargers in the state of California I explained...

Force operation through a timer.

He got angry at me.

I blame much of the double-digit intelligence values on drugs.

Cash register buttons have pictures on them. The power goes out cashiers close the store. An inability to make change counting up.

Public forums (not this one) the syntax is so bad as to be frightening.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/21 03:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no explanation for the current crop of nitwits and criminals in governments and elsewhere unless they are all smoking dope, because that will sure do it.

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/21 05:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

I have no explanation for the current crop of nitwits.

What's happened is that we use to know only about the nitwits in our neighborhood. Nowadays we hear about them from all over the world.

Etstorm

Frankston,TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/21 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

d3500ram wrote:

Next there will be disclaimers warning to NOT WASH YER HAIR IN THE CAR WASH.

Geesh [emoticon]

I plan on washing the ht rod first day it is near 70 early. I get pretty sweaty. Thought about hosing down outside.
Do you suppose Mequires wash and wax would give me a youthful sheen and managable hair?

Pretty “slick”

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/21 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Manufacturers have to protect themselves against illiteracy.
These labels may appear silly to the wise but make perfect sense to the lowest common denominator.....dumb people.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/21 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

winnietrey wrote:

mr. ed wrote:

Regarding that McDonald's lawsuit mentioned earlier by Paw Paw 'n Gram,
where a lady spilled hot coffee on herself and sued the company; that to me is a frivolous suit.

As far as I remember, no employee spilled the coffee on her; she spilled it on herself. While I'm sorry for her injuries, how in the world could she blame anyone but herself? If she had spilled coffee on herself at home, who could she blame? The stove manufacturer for making the coffee so hot? Lawyers take all kinds of cases, no matter how frivolous! Don't you love 'em? [emoticon]

You might consider goggling "McDonalds hot coffee case" After reading the facts of the case, you might not consider the case frivolous.

In short McDonalds knew for many years the were keeping their coffee near scalding, and that it was causing injuries. They ignored it,

Not trying to be snarky at all, just saying the facts and urban legend are very different

Typical bleeding heart response.....
Coffee too hot for you? Wait a few minutes to drink or get coffee somewhere else!
And don’t spill it!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/21 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It’s all about liability, as absolutely ridiculous as it sounds.
Some days, I’m thankful that everything that could possibly harm a person hasn’t been outlawed for some stupid reason.
I recall, as a kid, a buddies dad cut himself seriously with a chain saw. This was about the time that the first saws with blade brakes were coming out. I know this because we cut a lot of wood and I was running a ported McCulloch 7-10 manual oiler at about the age of 11!
Dad climbed into a tree with his brand new happy homeowner Craftsman saw and proceeded to cut his leg badly. He was not experienced in this and was totally unsafe. He sued Sears and got a decent settlement as I recall, because the brake “didn’t stop the chain fast enough”. Kicker is unless a kickback causes your hand to hit the brake, it doesn’t stop. He just cut through a limb and the saw came to rest on his leg under it.
No chaps either.
This is the world in which we live, where survival of the fittest has been replaced by protect everyone at great expense from their own stupidity!

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/21 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Mr Coffee drip unit. It sounds ridiculous but the warmer plate maintains the coffee surprisingly hotter than the stuff dripping into the pot.

McDonalds uses good quality cups. Nice and sturdy but they do not insulate enough. I am forced to ask for a second empty to act as a liner. Then use a straw through a lid and draw carefully until it cools down. Starbucks is so bitter a bit at a time is automatic.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Unnecessary Warnings Shown on Products
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.