cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is the Verizon Jetpack still a decent choice for an RV?

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Been using the Jetpack for wifi in the RV for 2 years. It worked ok. My battery ballooned just like the salesman said it might. Left it plugged in 24/7 on really hot days.

Its $20 per month to keep it going. I believe only 15GB until it gets reduced. I used the wifi to run temp monitors and cameras. It did not work well for netflix. Is there a better choice these days?
8 REPLIES 8

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I jumped on the prepaid unlimited jetpack plan late 2019 when Verizon offered it. Still going strong and yes it is truly unlimited. I stream all afternoon and evening a lot of days. It is network managed so they say, but I have hardly ever seen any buffering and only then for a few seconds. Unfortunately the plan isn't available now. Something will come along new, but until then I'm a happy camper.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone.
We got (2) jet packs two years ago. At the time the sales guy seemed honest and said 5G is coming soon to our socal area and the jetpack wouldn't be all that great once the 2 year plan ended.

Was never all that great to begin with. We barely watch TV and it only took a few nights to run down the 15GB limit. After that trying to watch something like supercross online would be extremely pixelated to the point you couldn't even read their number plates to tell who is who.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Visible = phone

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
My jetpack battery ballooned too, several months ago. I removed it and have had my jetpack plugged in constantly since with no apparent problems. I prefer the non-battery operating anyway. Hated having to plug it in every once in a while. I also have a verizon MiFi which is much faster, but also has the data speed limit. Verizon now offers several different devices which I plan to check into soon. Technology does move forward
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Do you use a phone or Mifi on your visable plan
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

rav
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Visible Wireless

HackerAce
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased the Safari Solutions 3G 4G 5G router with no data cap and we have been very pleased. Used to have Verizon but the 15Gig data cap runs out after three to five days, not acceptable

http://www.safarisolutionsllc.com

Chick them out ๐Ÿ™‚
John McKean

1999 National Tropical
1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five MK III Kit
2015 Hyundai Genesis
2013 Polaris RZR 800 S

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
You could try Visible with their cell phone trade and the party pay program. The cell phone could be a hotspot and if 4 people are in party pay your cost is only $25 total with unlimited talk texting and DATA. Runs on Verizon towers as it is owned by Verizon.