Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Camp Margaritaville
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ken56 wrote:

magnusfide wrote:

bgum wrote:

Been watching that property for years and wondered why the building was vacant. Great location and I am sure it will prosper if managed properly.

Yep great location. I'm just wondering how successful its theme will be in an area that prides itself on family entertainment.

The other Margaritaville locations are booming. Both hotels are nearly full all the time and the restaurant at the Island in Pigeon Forge is busy most of the time. Nothing wrong with the concept hurting the "family" entertainment atmosphere. Stay at the KOA if it's not your thing.

Don't get snarky Ken56. Just noting that particular area is not all that friendly to the more adult activities that involve drinking. That area is more about family activities that don't have such age limits.

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

Land Yachters

Philadelphia

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at Margaritaville RV resort on Lanier Island outside Atlanta last month. Very nice sites, but not many activities open since it was so #$%##@@ cold! Not cheap, but would go back when the weather gets a little more cooperative.

Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/21 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magnusfide wrote:

bgum wrote:

Been watching that property for years and wondered why the building was vacant. Great location and I am sure it will prosper if managed properly.

Yep great location. I'm just wondering how successful its theme will be in an area that prides itself on family entertainment.

Jimmy Buffet's fan base is middle age, middle class America...they tend to wear funny hats and Hawaiian shirts. Otherwise, that's about as family friendly as it gets.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/21 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sevier County had very strict alcohol laws until the last few years. I recall not being able to get a beverage with our Mexican food a few years ago. Jimmy has made a fortune on the southern latitudes concept. There is nothing unfriendly towards families in his sites. To each his own.

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The article said it was "first of it's kind"....I did not know about the one at Lanier Islands GA. Looking at it's website it looks really nice and certainly this new one will be as nice. The perception that it's focus is drinking is plain wrong and nothing unfriendly to families that I can see. To each his own.

Along these lines I would love to see Dollywood open an RV park too. There are many close by Dollywood so I guess they don't see the need.

Diamond c

West ky

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m guessing that Dolly has her hands in at lest one or more of the rv parks in Pigeon Forge. She owns half or more of the town.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.