Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FLKeys suggestions

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello All,

We have a spring time trip planned to Disney and are considering adding an additional week somewhere in the keys or possibly gulf coast. I have poked around via Google and found some openings but am curious to hear some campground opinions. We are a family of 5 with kids ranging from 4-13. We have kayaks and a paddle board so those type activities would be ideal, but also a pool and just general fun/relaxation type place. Would love a site on the water but even just having the park itself be on the water would be ideal. It's pretty late so I know there may be availability issues but please suggest places anyway. If we can't do it this year then we may book a year ahead for next year so all suggestions are welcome. Thanks
41 REPLIES 41

dedmiston
JoeH wrote:
The problem arises when someone ( you) posts inaccurate information , most often from hearing things third hand and not doing proper research and investigation. This is a disservice to all users of the forum and those inaccurate ( e.g. wrong) statements must be countered with facts.
... and no, when discussing items face to face , it is perfectly permissible to tell someone they are wrong and demonstrate that with facts. I don't think any one would be attempting to flatten my nose... if they did, they would certainly regret it.

Well, now you're the one who is mistaken.

(See how much better that is than "Wrong"?)

I never posted any info about that park at all. It was some other guy. Not me.

I don't have any dog in that hunt at all, but I do have a duty to help keep things civil here, and there's no way you'll convince me that starting your post with "Wrong" isn't rude and that telling someone they're "wrong" without backing up your assertion with facts or a source is a useless way to correct someone. (That part is just my opinion, so I won't cite a source.)

Play nice and move along.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
To add to this pile this thread has become, I can also say there are no age restrictions. I looked into it when we had our 35ft TT. no PuP`s, truck campers, hybrids or homemade conversions or any RV under 24ft.

Blue Water Key is on my bucket list of places to stay.....and for more than a night. yes its pricey, but it would only be for a week.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

I agree with JoeH

As you can see, I posted the actual rules for Blue Water ( FACTS ) and nowhere did it state age restrictions.

HE was pointing out that the poster was in fact WRONG.. and I thought it was somewhat polite....

I stated the facts, and the poster was in fact wrong.... and he had to be told so not to mislead anyone
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
dedmiston wrote:
JoeH wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
JoeH wrote:
Wrong-- no age restriction. What isn't allowed are units under 24', truck campers and soft sided units.... anything else is ok as long as it's RVIA ( e.g. no schoolies)

"Wrong"

That's pretty rude.

If you're going to call someone "Wrong", you'd better cite your sources. Quote a website and provide a link.

And for the future, I recommend wording your corrections more politely.

Sorry your offended when you are wrong, but that's the way it is. You can go ahead and look at the website or call the office. Both resources will verify that there are no age restrictions as you incorrectly stated there were. You should do your research and provide facts, not opinions-- all you did was mislead people.

Oh-- I've been there probably 50 times over the past 20+ years in RV's that ranged from 22 yrs old to brand new. In fact, I'm there now and a few sites down from us is a couple in a late 70's Class C. So, that's only 40+ yrs old.

I called you out for being rude. I don't care how right you were, you still have to be polite.

If you spoke to someone in person like that, you'd end up with a flat nose.

Please be civil and respectful.

The problem arises when someone ( you) posts inaccurate information , most often from hearing things third hand and not doing proper research and investigation. This is a disservice to all users of the forum and those inaccurate ( e.g. wrong) statements must be countered with facts.
... and no, when discussing items face to face , it is perfectly permissible to tell someone they are wrong and demonstrate that with facts. I don't think any one would be attempting to flatten my nose... if they did, they would certainly regret it.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
haste maker wrote:
I have stayed at Jolly Rodger RV park in Marathon Key many times & enjoyed this park, it's about 75 miles from Key West.

Weโ€™ve stayed there several times and always had a good experience. They have upgraded their physical facilities over the years and have their share of snowbirds, but we had no problem booking 1 night or a few days.

dedmiston
JoeH wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
JoeH wrote:
Wrong-- no age restriction. What isn't allowed are units under 24', truck campers and soft sided units.... anything else is ok as long as it's RVIA ( e.g. no schoolies)

"Wrong"

That's pretty rude.

If you're going to call someone "Wrong", you'd better cite your sources. Quote a website and provide a link.

Sorry your offended when you are wrong, but that's the way it is. You can go ahead and look at the website or call the office. Both resources will verify that there are no age restrictions as you incorrectly stated there were. You should do your research and provide facts, not opinions-- all you did was mislead people.

Oh-- I've been there probably 50 times over the past 20+ years in RV's that ranged from 22 yrs old to brand new. In fact, I'm there now and a few sites down from us is a couple in a late 70's Class C. So, that's only 40+ yrs old.

I called you out for being rude. I don't care how right you were, you still have to be polite.

If you spoke to someone in person like that, you'd end up with a flat nose.

Please be civil and respectful.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
dedmiston wrote:
JoeH wrote:

"Wrong"

That's pretty rude.

Joe

dedmiston
magnusfide wrote:
Thank you for keeping this forum one of the few civilized places on the web.

Thank you Magnus. I do my best. These are crazy times and civility is under attack.

I appreciate your kind words.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
JoeH wrote:

"Wrong"

That's pretty rude.

Thank you for keeping this forum one of the few civilized places on the web.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Direct from the Blue Water Key RV Site -

RV Requirements: RVIA (Recreational Vehicle Industry Association) RVโ€™s Only. Class A, B & C motorhomes, fifth wheels and travel trailers at least 24 feet in length with all slides in. Trailer hitch not included in overall length. Non RVIA vehicles such as, buses, box trucks, or storage trailers converted into motorhomes or travel trailers are not allowed. Soft sided pop out trailers or hybrids, truck campers and tents are not allowed. Outdoor camping is prohibited. Commercial Semi-tractor trailer tow vehicles and tow trucks are not allowed.
The minimum length requirement for ALL RVโ€™s is 24 feet with all slides in, not including hitch or bumpers.
All RVโ€™s must be self-contained with their own bath, toilet and kitchen facility.
There is a fee to wash your RV or vehicle at the site. Please call the office to obtain permission and pay the fee.
Maintenance on RVโ€™s or vehicles on sites is not allowed.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

dedmiston
JoeH wrote:

"Wrong"

That's pretty rude.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
magnusfide wrote:
RICKIM wrote:
vermilye wrote:
Just a heads up on Bluewater Key - they do not accept trailers under 24'.

They wonโ€™t accept us snooty Truck Campers either!

They're very "selective" about the age and kinds of RVs allowed there. Upscale is the operative word.

Joe

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
RICKIM wrote:
vermilye wrote:

They're very "selective" about the age and kinds of RVs allowed there. Upscale is the operative word.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

RICKIM
Explorer III
Explorer III
vermilye wrote:

2018 AF1140DB, 400W solar, Trimetric, Lifeline GPL-31XTโ€™s, rear deck,
2019 5500 Ram Crew, DRW, 6.7L-CTD, Custom TC bed, on board air, Front Rack