Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: ANWR Drilling Stopped
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
MikeDupont

TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/21 03:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not taking a stand here, but it is believed that there are 70+ MILLION ounces of gold (not to mention large quantities of other metals) at Pebble. I'll let you do the math and decide if there enough to pay off those needing to be paid off vs the actual usage the site would see.
Again, i have no dog in that fight so please dont shoot the messenger.

As to ANWR, the lack of major oil companies bidding there in january tells me they dont think theres enough oil there anyway. So i wouldnt get too wound up about that one.

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/21 06:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Personally I don't think it's worth risking Bristol Bay and Pebble was just the first mine, there surely would be more.

"Because of the estimated 10 billion tons of mining waste that must be permanently stored in the area, which is an active earthquake zone, and Rio Tinto's environmental track record, which is seen as poor by many environmental advocacy groups, fears have been raised about the potential impact on the Bristol Bay area and its wildlife and residents. In April 2003, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency issued an assessment of the impact of the proposed mining operations on fisheries, wildlife, and native Alaska tribes. Between 2014 and May 2017, Pebble sued the EPA several times. The company argued the EPA unfairly assumed the scope of the mine before it formally filed mining plans. Northern Dynasty Minerals LLC. accused the government agency of colluding with anti-mine activists to reach its conclusions"

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/21 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And he is right.

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/21 03:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Typical fear mongering. Sorry LA won't be able to refine Canada's Alberta Sands oil via Keystone XL and then ship it offshore. CA can figure out another way to bring it to market - like their own pipelines at their own risk.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/21 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

"Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., warned Tuesday that President Biden's sweeping executive orders related to the industrial energy sector will be detrimental to both the nation and his home state. "They are going to gut Louisiana like a fish. His war on oil and gas is going to hurt America. It is going to destroy our energy independence."

"Here is President Biden's new energy policy: We are not going to produce our own oil. Instead, we are going to buy oil from countries that hate us so they will have more money to buy weapons to try to kill us."

Kennedy remarked that Democrats like Biden have turned green energy and "climate change" into a religion, and the president is "sucking it up like a Hoover Deluxe."

"It's immeasurably foolish," Kennedy went on. "Most Americans support an all-of-the-above energy policy: Oil, gas, wind, solar, nuclear, geothermal, hydrogen. But they also understand that we can't run the greatest economy in all of human history without oil and gas."

ROFLMAO.........................

The class clown John Kennedy, not related to the venerable. namesake, strikes again.

This time he was absent on current events class.

Otherwise, he would have known that his own idol and messiah, have grabbed-credit and told everyone who. cares to listen that we are no longer oil dependent, since six years ago anyways.

And the only reason we are still refining Saudi oil and still putting our own soldiers in harms way guarding the Gulf oil shipping lanes is because no one can cross those oil lobby to. invest to retrofit for purely domestic crude.

Nobody sheds a tear for LA. The state can continue to get tax money from the Northern and Coastal states that they hate so much and continue to elect this buffoon.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/21 05:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

"Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., warned Tuesday that President Biden's sweeping executive orders related to the industrial energy sector will be detrimental to both the nation and his home state. "They are going to gut Louisiana like a fish. His war on oil and gas is going to hurt America. It is going to destroy our energy independence."

"Here is President Biden's new energy policy: We are not going to produce our own oil. Instead, we are going to buy oil from countries that hate us so they will have more money to buy weapons to try to kill us."

Kennedy remarked that Democrats like Biden have turned green energy and "climate change" into a religion, and the president is "sucking it up like a Hoover Deluxe."

"It's immeasurably foolish," Kennedy went on. "Most Americans support an all-of-the-above energy policy: Oil, gas, wind, solar, nuclear, geothermal, hydrogen. But they also understand that we can't run the greatest economy in all of human history without oil and gas."

The class clown John Kennedy, not related to the venerable. namesake, strikes again.

Otherwise, he would have known that his own idol and messiah, have grabbed-credit and told everyone who. cares to listen that we are no longer oil dependent, since six years ago anyways.

And the only reason we are still refining Saudi oil and still putting our own soldiers in harms way guarding the Gulf oil shipping lanes is because no one can cross those oil lobby to. invest to retrofit for purely domestic crude.

Nobody sheds a tear for LA. The state can continue to get tax money from the Northern and Coastal states that they hate so much and continue to elect this buffoon.

You make no sense at all. TDS is strong with you and it has nothing to do with anything quoted. If you ever visit LA you just might have your ass handed to you.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/21 06:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

You make no sense at all. TDS is strong with you and it has nothing to do with anything quoted. If you ever visit LA you just might have your ass handed to you.

I need a like button [emoticon]

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/21 06:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

I can't understand why you have to bring a half-assed clown politicians into this but I'll play.

LA and your politicians may know my ass, but I don't think they know other body parts. His state is the last in education.

And while. we're at it complaining about other states letting his pet Keyssttone pipeline pass, then, maybe, he can find a way for his state to earn enough to their own upkeep and not be dependent on the Northern and Coastal states' taxes.

Here is whereof I speak. John Kennedy's (not related to venerable namesake) state got $11,103. per capital for spending when it only paid $7,318 each in taxes.

And that dumb clown probably don't even realize that his state can get their crude delivered by ship being by the Gulf of Mexico.[emoticon] [emoticon]

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/21 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

I can't understand why you have to bring a half-assed clown politicians into this but I'll play.

LA and your politicians may know my ass, but I don't think they know other body parts. His state is the last in education.

And while. we're at it complaining about other states letting his pet Keyssttone pipeline pass, then, maybe, he can find a way for his state to earn enough to their own upkeep and not be dependent on the Northern and Coastal states' taxes.

Here is whereof I speak. John Kennedy's (not related to venerable namesake) state got $11,103. per capital for spending when it only paid $7,318 each in taxes.

And that dumb clown probably don't even realize that his state can get their crude delivered by ship being by the Gulf of Mexico.[emoticon] [emoticon]

Pot - meet kettle

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Grodyman

Enemy Territory

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/21 08:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

RV daytrader wrote:

Problem is....no matter how much the United State cuts back on emissions, the biggest polluters are Russia, China ,India and they wont stop. So our sacrifice will not do much at all.

Nope. By Capita, which is the only fair way to do it, The US, Australia and Canada are the pigs of the planet. I think Austrailia has moved into "the lead" now.

[image]

How many trees died to bring us this chart??

2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.