Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: ANWR Drilling Stopped
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
c.traveler2

Moreno Valley,Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/21 11:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender

Unfortunately your chart is misleading since it is basis against the USA. There are other countries that rated worst than the United States at 16.06 tons/capita. Saudi Arabia at 16.99 tons/ capita, Mongolia at 20.31 tons/capita, Australia a/capitat 16.31 tons and Kazakhstan at 16.92 tons/capita. Now that's mades 4 countries with higher tons than the USA.

Source: Our World in Data base on the Global Carbon Project, Gapminder and the UN. 2019

2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/21 07:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

c.traveler2 wrote:

Reisender

Unfortunately your chart is misleading since it is basis against the USA. There are other countries that rated worst than the United States at 16.06 tons/capita. Saudi Arabia at 16.99 tons/ capita, Mongolia at 20.31 tons/capita, Australia a/capitat 16.31 tons and Kazakhstan at 16.92 tons/capita. Now that's mades 4 countries with higher tons than the USA.

Source: Our World in Data base on the Global Carbon Project, Gapminder and the UN. 2019

Yah. Could be. I just know my country (Canada) is one of the pigs of the planet and I’m happy to see our government finally taking steps to improving things. I don’t know much about climate or climate change but I do like clean air. I am a huge fan of a healthy petro chemical industry as we make so many things from petroleum products. But I think we need to stop burning it wherever possible. And if we do have to burn it for awhile yet let’s burn it as clean as we can. And we need to work towards subsidizing it less. And if we insist on subsidizing it then put the same subsidees into its competitors like hydro, storage, wind, solar, thermal.

Personally every one we know who buys an EV buys it primarily for reasons like

Better performance
Convenience
They like high tech
Some are long range commuters who save a ton of money driving EV.
Quiet
No more stinky garages
Low maintenance.

But I also think air quality in cities will get considerably better once EV’s are a majority. We travel a lot in Europe and cities with no tail pipe zones have notably cleaner air.

In my opinion any car company that doesn’t get on board real fast with EV development will be either gone or absorbed. The driving experience of an EV is plain and simply superior to anything with a tail pipe. And that is what will decide it. The charging infrastructure is just a matter of time. Look how far it’s come in just the last 5 years since we bought our first EV. There were 8 fast charger locations in the province. Now there are over a 170 locations with probably 500 stalls or more.

It will take a while for 1/2 tons and such to catch up yet but it’s not far away. One ton duallys maybe another decade.

Anyway. All JMHO of course. .

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/21 07:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ANWAR leases drew almost no bids. There was no interest shown by any of the major oil companies to drill In ANWAR and the government new that in advance. The sale was a poor attempt to say "eff you" to a bunch of people, and give a gift to the oil industry. To sell at a time when it would have brought the very least return to the American public was an epic failure. And the current admin had nothing to do with any of that.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/21 07:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cptqueeg wrote:

ANWAR leases drew almost no bids. There was no interest shown by any of the major oil companies to drill In ANWAR and the government new that in advance. The sale was a poor attempt to say "eff you" to a bunch of people, and give a gift to the oil industry. To sell at a time when it would have brought the very least return to the American public was an epic failure. And the current admin had nothing to do with any of that.

And the oil/drilling exploration companies have many unused leases.

You are right, it's a play to keep the political base cheering too aside from an "off you" to the opposition and the environmentalists.

In fact, there are many pumps that are being capped for global oversupply.

Seems the beginning of the end too for the oil industry. The biggest of 'em all, Exxon lost $20.1 billion this quarter. They have to up the prices to recoup losses and stem the tide -- then blame the government for taxes or something.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/21 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grodyman wrote:

Reisender wrote:

RV daytrader wrote:

Problem is....no matter how much the United State cuts back on emissions, the biggest polluters are Russia, China ,India and they wont stop. So our sacrifice will not do much at all.

Nope. By Capita, which is the only fair way to do it, The US, Australia and Canada are the pigs of the planet. I think Austrailia has moved into "the lead" now.

[image]

How many trees died to bring us this chart??

None, it's electronic you know?[emoticon][emoticon]

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.