cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intellitec energy management system

Larrysr1957
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1998 Fleetwood Bounder, it’s a 30 amp only unit with 2 air conditioners it has the intellitec energy management system. This system is obsolete and parts are no longer available, the thermostat has gone bad and just any thermostat is not an option because this thermostat controls both air conditioners. has anyone with this type of system have any suggestions on replacing it
6 REPLIES 6

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The good news is, the wiring for EACH AC is at the Intellitec wall control. The system uses remote Sensors, so you can install both new Tstats at the same wall as the existing Intellitec wall system. You may have to change the remote wall temp sensors also to match the newer style RVP Tstat. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
tommy g wrote:
The Intellitec Electronic Climate Control System does indeed control all AC and 12v furnace functions. The unit controls all power shedding which is necessary for our 30 amp systems. I had to send mine to get it cleaned and refurbished(about $400.00). Check out this one https://waiterecc.com/. He's been developing it for quite sometime. If mine goes belly up again,I'm gonna look into this one.

This is a special Intellitec system developed for OLD Fleetwood and Winnebago using RVP(Coleman AC units). It has just 1 dual Wall Tstat and Control for the Shed and Tstat options. The only way that you can really fix is to install 2 new RVP wall AC control Tstats and probably bypass the Intellitec control for 30 amp shed control and monitor your AC amp usage on your own. You could install a separate 30 amp shed control like PCS. But, on a 25 year old Motorhome, it could run into thousands of dollars. Doug

https://precisioncircuitsinc.com/category/energy-management-120v/

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
The Intellitec Electronic Climate Control System does indeed control all AC and 12v furnace functions. The unit controls all power shedding which is necessary for our 30 amp systems. I had to send mine to get it cleaned and refurbished(about $400.00). Check out this one https://waiterecc.com/. He's been developing it for quite sometime. If mine goes belly up again,I'm gonna look into this one.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger Smith is correct. The intellect has nothing to do with the t-stat. It senses total amperage and turns off the electricity.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
The thermostat . . . From what I remember is not tied into the EMS at all. The EMS just shuts things down based on demand. What is the brand of AC units you have. Dometic, Coleman etc. One of their dual zone units should work??
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie