Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toy Hauler Garage- bed lift system
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Toy Hauler Garage- bed lift system

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Glampinglove

Amarillo, texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 05:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased a toy hauler last year that has 2 beds on a lift system in the back (the bottom bed turns into a table with seating all around it when lowered all the way down). The previous owners took out the bunk “stops” (I think this is what it is called) for the top bunk so now we cannot use it due to it will not stop at a useable height. We have to put the pins in it to keep it up to use the bottom bunk. Can anyone tell me where to get these bunk “stops” and how they go in? Only reason we know they are missing is a friend had the same type of bed system and he said they were missing. We are first time RV owners so we are learning as we go!
Any help or guidance would be great as we honestly need to use that too bed soon!

arhayes

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You don’t say what brand rig you have, but Happijac is what is is my rig. The stop blocks are just small pieces of metal screwed into the rails. You could fashion something from most any bar stock. Here’s a link to the owners manual that shows stops. Hope this helps.
https://happijac.com/images/pdfs/Bed-Lift%20User%20Manual2012.pdf

Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

momentum rv

Central Cal.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You could also drill holes for pins (like at the top) to hold upper bunk at whatever height you want.

2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

learntorv

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It’s very likely a HappiJac bed lift. I would reach out to them for assistance.

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glampinglove wrote:

The previous owners took out the bunk “stops” (I think this is what it is called) for the top bunk so now we cannot use it due to it will not stop at a useable height.
At what height does the top bunk stop? If the top bunk does stop at a certain height, maybe they lowered the stops? Instead of removing them?

I can go look at mine. No idea what the stop looks like. I would have guessed a welded metal tab. Not a removable stop. Got to be either a pin or some type of bolt.

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My phone camera lens is scratched but there is the bunk stop. Looks like you could easily build one yourself. Must be a common thread pitch and size. Home Depot hardware section they have metal stock. Could probably even use aluminum to make it easier to drill. Even a screw itself could get you by if out camping. Not the safest but doubt 4 screws would shear in half holding up a few hundred pounds.

[image]

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/21 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lippert has pretty good documentation of their Happijack beds on their website.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

msmith1.wa

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 07:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As previously stated and shown in the photo above all the stop blacks are is a piece of metal screwed the the track.

If you enlarge the photo above and look at the holes below the block. They are formed to protrude out and are threaded. If I remember correctly there are 4 spots that are formed this way.

Could the previous owner left the blocks somewhere in a drawer or cabinet?

2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/21 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

....or the previous owner lowered the stops to make it easier for kids to climb up. Makes no sense to remove them completely.

dsrace

home

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/21 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

my guess is they removed them to bring the bed all the way closer to normal bed height. put the bed up when not in use and use the couches. this is what i would do if i didnt need bunk beds. a quick call to hapijac will get you the remplacemet stops. their nice people to talk to and have always been very helpful. just need to know what year your rig is and measure the length of the arms..... roof to floor length. they might ask what color as well.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Toy Hauler Garage- bed lift system
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.