cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Restrictions Coming

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
We have friends who had their car trucked across the border, and took a short helicopter trip to where their car was taken. Then they drove to their mobile home park in Florida. According to THIS ARTICLE, this practice may have to stop, and they may have difficulty getting back to Canada. It's something we would NEVER contemplate doing, but I guess, "to each his own".
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)
20 REPLIES 20

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
valhalla360 wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
The spirit of the law is to prevent all unnecessary travel. If you approve of using loopholes for recreational travel, you are part of the problem. Please consider being part of the solution to end this virus.

Once it got out of wuhan, it was never going to be stopped.

Vaccine or natural immunity was ever the only way to end it. Already got my first shot.

If the spirit was to stop travel, they would have shut the canadian airports down.

A certain amount of travel is necessary, it's the liesure travel they're trying to put a lid on.

This is a step in the right direction.

New Canadian travel restrictions clicky.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad Diden is keeping to form. I was afraid measles, chicken pox,
tuberculosis and pertussis might be eliminated in the US. There is hope now that modern kids can suffer as we did.
(Information from the CDC and NIAID.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lwiddis wrote:
The spirit of the law is to prevent all unnecessary travel. If you approve of using loopholes for recreational travel, you are part of the problem. Please consider being part of the solution to end this virus.

Once it got out of wuhan, it was never going to be stopped.

Vaccine or natural immunity was ever the only way to end it. Already got my first shot.

If the spirit was to stop travel, they would have shut the canadian airports down.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Crabbypatty wrote:
Statistically correct but would you park next to them? Now is the litmus test as everyone, including us, want to break out and go somewhere.

Sure, no problem.

They are parked in the site next to mine. They aren't sleeping in my bed.

Do you think apartment owners in Canada are clearing out 2/3 of the apartments so no one is in the adjacent apartment. Camping, there is even greater separation.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lwiddis wrote:
Even you, valhalla, believe these people used a loophole.

Loopholes are entirely legal. If they weren't, they wouldn't be a loophole.

If it's so horrible, please explain why it's OK to fly and pick up a rental car but to have your own car shipped across is horrible and will kill us all.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
"They are fully within the law. It's still perfectly legal to fly across the border and shipping via commercial truck is still perfectly legal.

RV'ing is one of the safest ways to self isolate.

Really the numbers using the loophole are so small as to be irrelevant."

Statistically correct but would you park next to them? Now is the litmus test as everyone, including us, want to break out and go somewhere. However with virus running rampant and the vaccine very hard to find, i'm not interested in seeing how well I can battle COVID. US is averaging more than 1,000 deaths per day.

Staying home and away from people for a bit. Making reservations for the summer but will cancel if this isn't under control.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
itsnotrealy a loop hole, travel by air has never been banned just driving. I personaly dont have an issue if some one wants to go on a holliday as long as they obay the rules whent hey come home to the letter, self isolate and all that stuff. it is no different than people who travel from ontario to BC or even people in the provence traveling outside their reagional area which has been recomended against also.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
There are a number of charter companies offering the service of shipping your vehicle across the border to the nearest airport and then flying you across to it. They are busy, doing several flights a day from Toronto and St Catharines to Buffalo, and London to Detroit. I work at an airport and these guys are flying full planes back and forth all day. I have also seen an increase in private jet charters. Couples are grouping together to share the cost. Some are even going just to get the vaccine quicker.

Sketchy for sure but the loophole allows it, for now.

That loop hole is what the USA and Canadian Gov’t are talking about right now.
My bet is they close it up tight soon, and with this new strain out there... even rules for re-entry and quarantine requirements may also be changing.

Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
There are a number of charter companies offering the service of shipping your vehicle across the border to the nearest airport and then flying you across to it. They are busy, doing several flights a day from Toronto and St Catharines to Buffalo, and London to Detroit. I work at an airport and these guys are flying full planes back and forth all day. I have also seen an increase in private jet charters. Couples are grouping together to share the cost. Some are even going just to get the vaccine quicker.

Sketchy for sure but the loophole allows it, for now.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
Those who flaunt the law and disregard health and safety rules wouldn’t be my friends. They endanger others, themselves...and me!

They are fully within the law. It's still perfectly legal to fly across the border and shipping via commercial truck is still perfectly legal.

Really the numbers using the loophole are so small as to be irrelevant.

It may be permitted to cross into the USA by air at present, however the Canadian Gov’t has been saying for the last couple of days to cancel ‘ stop traveling as there could be changes to those loop holes.
Last march / April our Government started saying the same thing and then one day it all changed, so this could be something similar
won't rule out invoking Emergencies Act
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Even you, valhalla, believe these people used a loophole.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lwiddis wrote:
Those who flaunt the law and disregard health and safety rules wouldn’t be my friends. They endanger others, themselves...and me!

They are fully within the law. It's still perfectly legal to fly across the border and shipping via commercial truck is still perfectly legal.

Really the numbers using the loophole are so small as to be irrelevant.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
phillyg wrote:
Let's all hope, as the vaccines are rolled out, this scourge of humanity gets under control, and we can live our lives normally again.

Problem is politicians that have no clue and only do or say what they think will get them reelected.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu