cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2011 Jayco Melbourne 29D

Ready2BRetired
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a class C. The Jayco Melbourne 29D is considered a B+. I have only had gas Class A motorhome. Can anyone give me their thoughts, likes and dislikes, problems, etc. Gas mileage? Leather cracking and peeling? Any info would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Class C or B plus type RV's around 30 feet get 8 to 9 MPG. I monitored my mileage for 40,000 miles, every tank full, pulling my Jeep or not and it averaged out to 8.5 MPG. I filled it when it got to half, took 25 gallons.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 'A's seem to have more room to mount things while the 'C's have less room. Find out how easy it is to access the water pump, sometimes they bury them.

Three slides ? Make sure that floorplan can be used with the slides 'IN'. I'm not sure how that QB is configured. If its a folding mattress or not. You will be lacking a cabover bed as an alternate.

Those slides might not be the same quality as your 'A' had. I would research what type of slide and who makes it, then check that brands repair history. Find out how easy or difficult it is to access the motors in each of those slides. Some are difficult in some 'C's.
Then I would check to see how to repair it just in case you have to make a repair yourself. RV appointments can be few and far between these days and as you know, you can't drive with a slide deployed.

How is that 5 speed trans. in the 2011 Ford ? Good/bad ?

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
dont own one, almost did however. Wife like it the best of all the B+ rigs we looked at. I liked the driver compartment the best of all rigs looked at, power seats that no others had. Biggest shortcoming I saw was lack of storage on outside. We ended up with a winnebago aspect but would have liked the melbourne better I think. BUT the lack of storage was a killer.

overall it drove the same as the aspect so I would guess it is very similar in milage and stuff. We get about 8 on average have gotten a little higher all depends on where traveling so that is pretty typical mileage for a C. Cant help with wear and tear items sorry.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If you boondock, thirty-one gallons of fresh water is not much.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad