Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Replace TV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Replace TV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/21 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just be sure that you can hear the TV when it is mounted, especially if the TV speakers are open to the back, and you mount the TV in a cabinet with only the face visible.

jeromep

Eastern Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/21 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

Just be sure that you can hear the TV when it is mounted, especially if the TV speakers are open to the back, and you mount the TV in a cabinet with only the face visible.

That is good advice. Most flat screens have rear mounted or down firing speakers. Some fire "through" the screen, some fire down and forward, usually at the bottom edge of the screen. One thing I've noticed is that flat screens retrofitted into old tube TV installations in older RVs do have a bit of an audio problem due to how the speakers work in these new TVs. It is almost as if we have to surface mount the new TVs to really get great audio performance. My rig is older and the previous owner did a really nice job of mounting a flat screen in the front TV enclosure, even tried to accommodate the audio issue presented by putting the TV in the enclosure, but it still requires the volume to be way up to enjoy the audio, and it still sounds tinny. On the other hand I'm working on replacing the tube tv in the back bedroom and have already determined that I'll "plug" up the hole that the current TV sits in with a finished wood panel, and then mount the bracket to that panel, and the new TV will be surface mounted to that bracket. I'll put a hidden hole and grommet in the panel and all the wiring will go back to the original outelts (12v and 120v) and coax port.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Replace TV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.