cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washington State Campgrounds

MRC54
Explorer
Explorer
We're trying to find an extended stay (month or two) campground in Washington state. We are set for June in the southwest, but would like stay thru July or August somewhere else before heading to Montana and Wyoming.

I know it's a broad topic, but checking if anybody has some favorites.

Thanks!
2021 Keystone Alpine 3712KB
2009 Sierra 3500 DRW

Full timing starting May 1
5 REPLIES 5

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
You mentioned this is your 1st summer full-time. I strongly suggest you look into RESALE campground membership such as coast-to-coast (C2C), resort parks international (RPI) or adventures outdoor resorts (AOR). Again, let me stress a resale. A Google search will find a number of companies that specialize in resale. You want to own a home park with minimum entry fee and minimum yearly maintenance fee. You donโ€™t plan to stay at your home park, the intent is the purchase a cheap home park which allows you access to the whole network of other parks in the network. I personally like RPI best of the 3, but some people like chocolate and some people like vanilla ice cream. Most of the membership parks are members of 2 or more of the same network so which one you choose does not matter much.

A number of years ago I purchased a resale at Breckenridge Lake RV Campground 395 Oak Park Circle, Crossville, TN 38572 For about $400 with an annual maintenance fee of about $50. The RPI annual membership was about $100.

I did a quick look at Washington state and there are 39 different campgrounds which are members or associated with coast-to-coast where you can camp for $10 a night. In addition there are about 40 campgrounds where you can camp at reduced rates.

Thus, you can spend 2 weeks in one campground and move to a different campground for 2 weeks to your hearts content.

If you search in the full-time form you will probably find more information than you wanted on campground membership.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

MRC54
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the park suggestions. Ideally, would like FHU, and to be settled for a month or so. A friend suggested Cranberry RV Park in Long Beach, and that's the only way we found our June stay.
2009 Sierra 3500 DRW

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
To expand your visit, I would be looking at some of the national parks for a week or so.
Olympic Peninsula has several federal campgrounds
North Cascades Highway 20 has some national forest.
Washington state parks get expensive
What type of services do you want?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MRC54
Explorer
Explorer
I am completely flexible. 1st summer full-timing, we're in Long Beach, WA for June and eventually heading to Wyoming. Almost anywhere that might have reasonable monthly rates (I know how difficult that is).
2009 Sierra 3500 DRW

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
What area of Washington are you wanting to stay?
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)