cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Code SPN 5246 FMI 0 Derate

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a problem with my ISC 380 Cummins. It has a check engine code SPN 4363 FMI 3 which is "Open or shorted SCR temp sensor" and when I pulled into the RV park it set a SPN 5246 FMI 0 stop engine code " Derate to 5 MPH". There is a Freightliner dealer within 5 miles but they will not send anyone over to clear the Derate code so I can drive it to their shop for repair. I have a Nexus code reader but it will not clear the Derate code.

Does anyone know of a method to clear this code so I can drive it to the dealer.
3 REPLIES 3

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Can you purchase the sensor and install it yourself at the RV park you are at. Mobile Freightliner tech . . . They send em out for truck repairs.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
If you clear the code (and the derate) without fixing the SCR temperature sensor, don't you run the risk of damaging the exhaust system, turning a sensor replacement into an expensive SCR replacement?

Any answer other than "tow" seems like it could cost you a lot more than the 5 mile tow. (which could be "free" if you belong to a roadside service club)

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have it towed